The Student Room Group

Written "Computing Science" instead of "Computer Science"; Is all lost?

I'm (or I hope I'll be) an international student from Poland. The problem is as described in the topic. 2/5 choices responded pretty quickly with offers and not long ago I got a rejection from Strathclyde (which seems to be "the worst" out of my choices). The thing is, that the 2 choices that responded all have courses named with the -ing version. A clear pattern emerges and I'm kinda worried. What should I do?

Bit of extra (ir)relevant info:
Why write Computing Science then?
I thought the "Computing Science" was the british-english version. So basically to show off. Also, I thought writing one of the course names would be disregarded as a necessary evil.
What's wrong with these two?
The problem with Glasgow are the >= 90% requirements from extended matura subjects. Especially with maths, the scores of 80-something % to 100% are all in 100th percentile and are almost entirely dependent on luck.
With Aberdeen, it's the exact opposite. The extended matura score needs to be in at least the 70th percentile, which translates to around 45% in maths. There is (obviously) nothing inherently wrong with that, but having low requirements kinda makes the university less appealing for me. So, an "extra" question for the avid readers would be: How good is Computer Science at Aberdeen?

My first post here, which was also sent from a mobile, so I apologize for any weird stylistic choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending