The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Higher Tier Maths - Paper 3 - 11th June 2019 (Calculator)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Avocado_dinosaur
What did everyone get for that machine question about how many days it would take the machines???
Original post by jjxshuaa
I did pi*Radius^2 x 2 for the circles, then pi*D to get the circumference then multiplied that to get the area of the rectangle on the cylinder and added the 2 values together to get the whole area. Area was around 22+? Then i did 5x7=35 for how much paint he had. Then i said he had enough paint.

There was 3 cylinders and you didn't times the total area by 3 to get the total surface area. I did πr^2 2 times. Then I did πD to work out the length of the rectangle and times that by the height of the cylinder. I added this all together and timed by 3 and it was greater then 35. I'm pretty sure that's correct
I thought this paper was hard tbh... like I think I got around the 30/35 marks i'll need for a 5 or 6 but i'll mostly get working marks on the longer 4/5 mark questions... Paper 2 was easy however and Paper 1 was ok so I just hope that the boundaries are low enough that i'll get a 6 overall... I think i'll definitely get a 5 though which is what I want.
Oh dear I got 1300
I did 🙌
Does any one have predictions for a 6
would 1.3 x 10^2 be correct or is the answer 130 seconds for the standard form question
Original post by Eli0038
would 1.3 x 10^2 be correct or is the answer 130 seconds for the standard form question

It wanted the time in seconds, which is 130.
would i get 1 mark for this
Original post by xx_swegman_xx
It wanted the time in seconds, which is 130.
Reply 268
Yes i got that
Original post by aeneas_son
when y=-2 isnt it x=5?
6CA6BA33-DCB9-4522-A9B2-3B06FD261638.jpg.jpeg
Yeah you'd get the mark. It doesn't matter, don't stress, you still got a mark. It all adds up :smile:
Original post by Eli0038
would i get 1 mark for this
What do you think a grade 6 will be?
Original post by xx_swegman_xx
Yeah you'd get the mark. It doesn't matter, don't stress, you still got a mark. It all adds up :smile:
For the nth term question I put 2n^2+0n-3 because I thought you had to have three terms in a quadratic sequence. Would they still allow this? Or does it have to be 2n^2-3?
it was a quadratic equation so was 0.2<x< something
Original post by brianle1301
Anyone remembers the inequality one? I forgot completely?
Umm no 4 is wrong the correct answer is 2.5
Original post by gcsestudent64
Idk what ur talking about but 4 was correct.
Anyone get 4 for the circle one with (3p, p)?

Edit: some people got 2.5 from 3p2+p2=64
(edited 4 years ago)
What did everyone get for how many days the machine would take for all the boxes?
I got 7 days
for bounds q it was 1sf right?
I kinda fumbled around and added 1.5 for every machine missing on each day
What did everyone get for that machine question about how many days it would take the machines???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending