The Student Room Group

Nottingham Vet Med Prelim Year,

Hello,
I have been offered a place at Nottingham vet school for the prelim year, i was wondering if anybody knows what the timetable is like for the first year??
They didn't mention much at the open days or interview days regarding the 6 year course so was just interested.
Thanks
Hey, I have an offer for this too. One of my friends from a previous job started in sept ‘18 and said that it’s much like A level science with a Vet twist but not sure of exact timetabling. I’m going to the offers holder day on the 13th to hopefully get all questions answered :smile:
are you putting notts as your firm? I just firmed the prelim course! xx
Original post by Lauren2xx
Hello,
I have been offered a place at Nottingham vet school for the prelim year, i was wondering if anybody knows what the timetable is like for the first year??
They didn't mention much at the open days or interview days regarding the 6 year course so was just interested.
Thanks
Okay so, not a prelim myself but I have lots of friends who are/ have been and from what I've heard the days are 9-4-ish (except Wednesday afternoons which everyone gets off). It's mainly 1-2 hour long lectures and self-directed learning about cell structure and biochemistry, atomic structure and bonding, an introduction to body systems, some maths, some A2-type chemistry and animal care and behaviour. So it's all quite science-y but with a definite vet focus.

I know a lot of my friends who did it are (annoyingly!) a lot more clued up this year than all of us who came straight from A-Levels!

Good luck for your results, hopefully I'll see you all next year! :biggrin:

Quick Reply