The Student Room Group

4 weeks till AS exams and I think I'm going to fail 2/3 subjects

I have around 4 weeks until my first AS exam, and I'm really worried I'm going to fail. I've already resat the first year of A-Levels because of problems at my first sixth form. I'm doing AQA Physics, Edexcel Maths and OCR Computer Science, if anyone has any suggestions about how to revise for mainly Physics and Computer Science - it would be greatly appreciated. Maths is the only subject I feel really confident in. I have to get at least a D grade to do year 2 and I don't even feel like I'll get that :/
Reply 1
I don'y have much advise, but support:
I'm failing 3/4 so you know,,, might catch me at McDonalds and I'll give you a free mcflurry and we can cry over our bad luck together x
Goodluck tho!
Original post by HS2030
I don'y have much advise, but support:
I'm failing 3/4 so you know,,, might catch me at McDonalds and I'll give you a free mcflurry and we can cry over our bad luck together x
Goodluck tho!

Good luck to you too! Glad to see other people in the same sort of situation and I might have to take you up on the mcflurry offer if it goes bad for both of us lmao x
Reply 3
Original post by Facesareablxr
I have around 4 weeks until my first AS exam, and I'm really worried I'm going to fail. I've already resat the first year of A-Levels because of problems at my first sixth form. I'm doing AQA Physics, Edexcel Maths and OCR Computer Science, if anyone has any suggestions about how to revise for mainly Physics and Computer Science - it would be greatly appreciated. Maths is the only subject I feel really confident in. I have to get at least a D grade to do year 2 and I don't even feel like I'll get that :/

Idk about computer science but for physics the papers usually consist of about 60% equations and putting numbers in and the rest is theory. Make sure to learn the vital bits of theory, I’m doing OCR physics so I don’t know how different the syllabus is but try looking through your specification and going through each point then going through past papers and make sure you fully understand when you’re marking them. Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by Facesareablxr
Good luck to you too! Glad to see other people in the same sort of situation and I might have to take you up on the mcflurry offer if it goes bad for both of us lmao x

Yea, i'll log on and let you know how it went (I'm a retired veteran TSRian LOL, so I'll probably be dead for a while)
Original post by Jinwon
Idk about computer science but for physics the papers usually consist of about 60% equations and putting numbers in and the rest is theory. Make sure to learn the vital bits of theory, I’m doing OCR physics so I don’t know how different the syllabus is but try looking through your specification and going through each point then going through past papers and make sure you fully understand when you’re marking them. Good luck

Thank you! I'll have to try that. Good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest