The Student Room Group

Biology is breaking my will and I'm thinking of dropping out

Hello, just posting this to ask for some advice
I've been struggling a lot with Biology, nothing I try to do seems to work, I've been revising everyday, making revision cards, mind maps to link topics, going back through my notes, doing at least three exam questions everyday, it's genuinely affecting my time to revise for other subjects (maths, psychology and sociology)
I started Year 12 aiming to get an A*, but then I got a B in July, then a C in November, and now I've tried doing an exam paper recently and got the equivalent of an E, all my efforts are being in vain
It's making me extremely stressed, I wanted to get to a top university, I'll take a gap year just so I have more of a chance to apply into Oxford, however, in 3 months, there are no chances I'll get better
Am I allowed to drop out at this point in time? Less than 14 weeks until the exams, I'll surely fail biology, there is nothing to be done, should I just give up?
Anyways, thank you for reading my rant lol
Reply 1
Original post by ZecaPagods
Hello, just posting this to ask for some advice
I've been struggling a lot with Biology, nothing I try to do seems to work, I've been revising everyday, making revision cards, mind maps to link topics, going back through my notes, doing at least three exam questions everyday, it's genuinely affecting my time to revise for other subjects (maths, psychology and sociology)
I started Year 12 aiming to get an A*, but then I got a B in July, then a C in November, and now I've tried doing an exam paper recently and got the equivalent of an E, all my efforts are being in vain
It's making me extremely stressed, I wanted to get to a top university, I'll take a gap year just so I have more of a chance to apply into Oxford, however, in 3 months, there are no chances I'll get better
Am I allowed to drop out at this point in time? Less than 14 weeks until the exams, I'll surely fail biology, there is nothing to be done, should I just give up?
Anyways, thank you for reading my rant lol

Got a mock tomorrow, I feel the pain but 3 months is plenty of time to improve (I'm counting on it). If your in yr 13 you have done it for almost 2 years and therfore shouldnt give up. But if you do think that there is no hope you have 3 other A levels and should think about what your uni requirements are and if they require biology or 4 A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest