The Student Room Group

BTEC IT Level 3 Unit 2 Exam Discussion

exam is today (16th) at 9 am and i genuinely have no clue about what this exam is about and its purpose and our teacher has explained basiclaly nothing and the only exam related thing we do is watch an exam walkthrough. I believe we haven't even gone through an actual apper smh. Anyways help and please discuss im curious to hear your opinions about this exam and how you'll get on

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i really don't understand why I'm still awake and how I'll even get up before 9am
Original post by sudowri
exam is today (16th) at 9 am and i genuinely have no clue about what this exam is about and its purpose and our teacher has explained basiclaly nothing and the only exam related thing we do is watch an exam walkthrough. I believe we haven't even gone through an actual apper smh. Anyways help and please discuss im curious to hear your opinions about this exam and how you'll get on

Good luck! I’m also in the same position as you
lmk how you found it. My exam is at 1pm though not 9am
Reply 3
Original post by Aimen.Faisal
Good luck! I’m also in the same position as you
lmk how you found it. My exam is at 1pm though not 9am

thank you.

oh lmao, i was standing outside the exam room and realised no one was here and my teacher disocvered that it was actually at 1pm lol.

I'm gonna be in school till 4pm + extra time so this is gonna be fun.
Do you know how to identify a many to many relationship?
Reply 5
Original post by bhsbhdsbhdbfssf
Do you know how to identify a many to many relationship?

oh no thats a thing
Reply 6
that exam was so shiz.

I only did activity 1 and 2 and im certain i failed both because i was struggling with the 1st activity.The guidance said to take relationship screenprint(s) (put emphasis on the s because I though theres more I have to do). I was unsure what to do with activity 1 so in addition to showing the relationships i also added screen prints of each individual table.

Normalisation was the concerning part, i did 3 tables but i was struggling to comprehend figure 1, was it 3 or 4 tables.

thats my 2 pence, i don't even know what tomorrow is about so i'll be cramming once again
Original post by sudowri
that exam was so shiz.

I only did activity 1 and 2 and im certain i failed both because i was struggling with the 1st activity.The guidance said to take relationship screenprint(s) (put emphasis on the s because I though theres more I have to do). I was unsure what to do with activity 1 so in addition to showing the relationships i also added screen prints of each individual table.

Normalisation was the concerning part, i did 3 tables but i was struggling to comprehend figure 1, was it 3 or 4 tables.

thats my 2 pence, i don't even know what tomorrow is about so i'll be cramming once again

I ended up with 4 tables. Did you attempt any of the queries? I found the second query so hard I had no idea how to do it.
When you normalised the table did you have a primary key or a composite key?
What was that exam? I didn’t understand how to do the second query at all and just threw in random calculations. Did 4 tables but doubt whether the fields are correct.
Reply 9
Original post by Aimen.Faisal
I ended up with 4 tables. Did you attempt any of the queries? I found the second query so hard I had no idea how to do it.
When you normalised the table did you have a primary key or a composite key?

What was your 4th table? I'm concerned now because I only did 3

No i didn't attempt to do any of the queries despite having 40 minutes left, I just accepted that I'll fail and retake in June.

I couldn't even attempt the query to begin with, I completed the tables in terms of inputting the data types, etcetera but I never got to input the data from figure 1.

I had a primary key.
Reply 10
Original post by Kyle McNeil
What was that exam? I didn’t understand how to do the second query at all and just threw in random calculations. Did 4 tables but doubt whether the fields are correct.

Hey at least you ended with 4 tables, How did i get 3 pls.

What was your normalisation like? The 3 tables I had was tbl_Player, tbl_Position and tbl_Mentor
Original post by sudowri
Hey at least you ended with 4 tables, How did i get 3 pls.

What was your normalisation like? The 3 tables I had was tbl_Player, tbl_Position and tbl_Mentor

I had the same as you in addition to tbl_Player_Position. But I’m not sure if this was the right thing to do though.
Reply 12
I had the same as you in addition to tbl_Player_Position. But I’m not sure if this was the right thing to do though.

oh right, hope it is right then.

I was considering tbl_statistics during the exam but never mind
i had tblmentor, tblposition, tblstatistics and tblplayer. my composite keys were player ID and position ID. none of the fields were unique so i didn't have a primary key.
Reply 14
Anyone know the grade boundaries for unit 1 and 2?
Original post by J82992

No because Grade boundaries are set by the Senior exam team after all of the papers have been marked and standardised.
Original post by J82992

It’s on Pearson’s website, usually around 38-44 for Distinction.
It’s on Pearson’s website, usually around 38-44 for Distinction.

That is for previous exams. Could be similar for this one, but equally could be a lot lower or a lot higher.
Reply 18
(Original post by bamtutor)No because Grade boundaries are set by the Senior exam team after all of the papers have been marked and standardised.

Do you know how we’re able to calculate what type of grade combinations are needed on the coursework and exams to get a specific overall grade for the first year BTEC IT national foundation diploma?

Original post by bamtutor
No because Grade boundaries are set by the Senior exam team after all of the papers have been marked and standardised.
Original post by J82992
(Original post by bamtutor)No because Grade boundaries are set by the Senior exam team after all of the papers have been marked and standardised.

Do you know how we’re able to calculate what type of grade combinations are needed on the coursework and exams to get a specific overall grade for the first year BTEC IT national foundation diploma?

Pages 120-124 of the specification show you how to work it out.
Additionally you can use the BTEC Nationals Grade calculator and input the units you are doing and play around with different grades to calculate a predicted grade.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Nationals/Information-Technology/2016/specification-and-sample-assessments/specification-pearson-btec-level-3-national-foundation-diploma-in-information-technology.pdf

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending