The Student Room Group

Post a photo you've taken

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NJA
A standing stone, is there any runic script on it?

I didn't see any inscriptions or anything else on it, was literally just rambling past it and saw it;

On further inspection, it's this: https://www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk/see-and-do/polochar-stone-p522031
Reply 1981
20210929_153659.jpg20210927_152149.jpg20210929_153445.jpg
DSC_0535.jpg
old photo (hence why the horizon isn't level... poor old me didn't know that I should level horizons at the time xD)
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Callicious
DSC_0535.jpg
old photo (hence why the horizon isn't level... poor old me didn't know that I should level horizons at the time xD)

Well, levelling horizons is one solution, or not leaning to the right when taking the photo may be another 🤣
Original post by meddad
Well, levelling horizons is one solution, or not leaning to the right when taking the photo may be another 🤣

It pains me to admit but I was firing from the hip that whole day :lol: I was in quite a rush;

First time I ever walked more than 70km in a day... the consequence was that most of the landscape photos I took were just quickshot with my camera facing forward from my waist! (on aperture auto at fixed ISO no less... some ended up blurry once it started to get darker)

The camera ran out of charge (I forgot to charge it) and I ended up using my phone too... which also died. I've learned my lesson now though xP
It pains me to admit but I was firing from the hip that whole day :lol: I was in quite a rush;

First time I ever walked more than 70km in a day... the consequence was that most of the landscape photos I took were just quickshot with my camera facing forward from my waist! (on aperture auto at fixed ISO no less... some ended up blurry once it started to get darker)

The camera ran out of charge (I forgot to charge it) and I ended up using my phone too... which also died. I've learned my lesson now though xP

I was of course only joking. You're certainly a far better photographer than I am.
Original post by meddad
I was of course only joking. You're certainly a far better photographer than I am.

I wouldn't say that xD (never seen that bird you got the other day here in the 'Burgh :P)
I wouldn't say that xD (never seen that bird you got the other day here in the 'Burgh :P)

It's a red throated diver, unusually close to the shore. A good time of year for them.
DSC_0150-Pano.jpg
DSC_0150-Pano.jpg

that's beautiful here's mine -
Original post by Ellexxo
that's beautiful here's mine -

Cute dog ^.^
Cute dog ^.^

Drew it but wasn't the best just never stopped
Reply 1992
AC191CA8-2479-4D20-B5D6-80C0323DED63.jpg.jpeg