The Student Room Group

Do i have PTSD?

I witnessed my best friend being stabbed and was watching him bleed to death right in front of me. I keep getting the same image of him just lying down on his belly on the ground. And as I pulled him over, I noticed so much blood coming from his body and his eyes were all white. It made me sick and disturbed me so much i just had to go away. i couldnt look at him anymore. I thought he was going to be okay. I was just talking to him and he was smiling 10 minutes ago. When the paramedics pronounced him dead my heart sunk so much and i was just crying and it hurt so much . now when i sleep i always get this same image of him on the floor with all of the blood and his eyes. i cant sleep i dont know what to do it hurts so much. i used to message him everyday and now all my messages are just unread and looking back at our conversations makes me cry all the time.i dont know what to do
I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through, that is an experience no one deserves. Is there anyone you could talk to? A family member you trust? A teacher or a work colleague? If you have the money, maybe try and find a therapist if you are ready to talk about it. Rather than writing messages that will stay unread, try and write them down in a book. That way the unread sign won’t be there and it won’t hurt quite as much. I don’t know if you are religious, but maybe try praying. I hope you can get through this.
Also: yes, I believe this would be classed as PTSD

Quick Reply

Latest