The Student Room Group

Grade help

My GCSE is under 3 weeks and i really want to achieve a grade 7/8 in all sciences (i do combined science Btw) im currently at a grade 6 in chemistry although i was a mark away from a 7 in our practice mock for paper 2. For physics im at a grade 5/6 and for biology im at a grade 6 aswell. Im doing many past papers to improve nd achieve a grade 7 but everytime i do a past paper i usually get 30-35 out of 60 which is a B, to get an A it would range around 37 to 40 but i can never get past a 35 so im distressed that i wont be able to achieve a 7. I find answering questions that require common sense difficult as i would know what its asking but can not interpret it in words. Has anyone have good tips for me to achieve a grade 7/8 and how AQA wants me to answer their questions.

I also want to achieve a 7 in maths but im currently at a low 6 high 5 (usually get around 34 marks) how can i improve in maths?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi i did aqa for sciences I suggest you watch my gcse sciences videos and take notes after that just practice a lot of past paper questions like during my gcse period i used to go to my science teacher we used to sit down and go through every single paper.

Also for maths the best way to learn and practice is to teach someone else trust me with this the more practice you do for maths the more easy it will get for you. Try teach someone at a lower grade it will be a win win they will gain knowledge from you and get good grades and you can expand and grow your knowledge and get the grades you want.
Reply 2
Thank you x where can i find your videos?

Original post by Kubrx_d
Hi i did aqa for sciences I suggest you watch my gcse sciences videos and take notes after that just practice a lot of past paper questions like during my gcse period i used to go to my science teacher we used to sit down and go through every single paper.

Also for maths the best way to learn and practice is to teach someone else trust me with this the more practice you do for maths the more easy it will get for you. Try teach someone at a lower grade it will be a win win they will gain knowledge from you and get good grades and you can expand and grow your knowledge and get the grades you want.
Reply 3
Original post by karthii_.x
Thank you x where can i find your videos?

Go you tube and write my gcse science and it will come up you might have to pay for the whole course idk how it is for the new system cos I did the old gcses but Yh I’m sure you can find the majority of the videos like that.

Andddd trust me gcse is nothing do not stress! Because when you get to alevels that’s when you know life just hit you hardd gcse is nothing and you will realise once you’re in college. Good luck with your exams xx
Any help you need with Science, please let me know! At your disposal for exam season.

All the best,

Vicky @ GCSE Science Exam Help

Quick Reply

Latest