The Student Room Group

Chinese people, welcome! [中國人, 歡迎你!] [中国人, 欢迎你!]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
alice65
Hanoi: I worked for a while so yeah, I paid a bit of tax. My parents paid a lot though. A-Level graduates over here have a 10 month long holiday (woohoo!) so we take up part time jobs. And I have been basically been working tiring, minimum wage-paying jobs -_- On the flip side, I get to meet all kinds of people.

Studyboy: No, neither China nor Singapore allows dual citizenship. I have both passports now, but I'll have to give up either one at 21, such a hard decision because I love both countries! :frown:

You did A levels? is that the standard national examination or is A Level just for people who wanna study in the UK?

Which passport are you thinking of keeping? Singapore passport is convenient for travelling to most countries visa free, and Singapore and China don't have bad realtions so I don't think there would be problem for you to travel to China, but for China passport you need a visa if you want to most countries, only a few are visa free but this might improve in the future. :biggrin:

I've removed it now. In the process I almost 'accidentally' removed you too :blush:

How can you treat a co-soc-leader like this:mad: ...斬頭 :eviltongue:

I did make my own sig!, don't you notice the '66'? I came up with that!:biggrin:

Poor apple, only 66 rep points:no: , I almost feel sorry for you :P
Hanoi
You did A levels? is that the standard national examination or is A Level just for people who wanna study in the UK?

Which passport are you thinking of keeping? Singapore passport is convenient for travelling to most countries visa free, and Singapore and China don't have bad realtions so I don't think there would be problem for you to travel to China, but for China passport you need a visa if you want to most countries, only a few are visa free but this might improve in the future. :biggrin:

Haha, Removal = respect :wink: 斬你頭!

And hey! I would've had more rep than you if someone didn't neg me for saying my opinion :frown:.

And plus! rep smells anyways!.
Reply 782
Original post by &#34315
Ahhh google pinyin. I've not tried it before but if its really that good then I think I will.
I've been using NJstar and this website so far.

And btw, is it mainland that uses Simplified? Or does mainland use Traditional?

People from Mainland China, Malaysia, and Singapore uses Simplified Chinese...while people from Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan uses Traditional Chinese. :biggrin:
Reply 783
Hanoi

Hey hey hey! Stop the fighting...we are one...so we shouldn't argue. Besides...the mafia helps one another...so don't fight. :yep:
Reply 784
UrbanEmotions
try listening to 張敬軒. he won many awards this year. and he has a new album out.
am i allowed to post the download link?

I heard of him...some of my friends really like him...but I personally have not heard his music...so I can't judge. :frown:
Reply 785
Instincts_2012
I am half English and half Chinese too! :woo: :biggrin: :woo: lol

This thread is fantastic!

Welcome! 歡迎光臨!/欢迎光临! I hope you enjoy this thread...and try to socialize with us in this amazing forum!

Also...you get to join the secret "Chinese mafia". It's great...and it's pretty cool!

Hey...and don't forget to join the Chinese Society. :p:
Reply 786
alice65
大家好,我出生于中国福建省,在新加坡长大。今年八月打算到 LSE 读法律,有没有其他华人也打算去伦敦或 LSE?

Hi everyone, I'm from China, but migrated to Singapore at a very young age. I still hold a Chinese passport though, 所以我还是中国人吧 :biggrin: I'll be reading law at LSE this year (as an undergrad), any Chinese people reading law or going to LSE as well?

Everyone here seems to be really nice & friendly!

Welcome! 欢迎光临! I hope you can stay in this thread and socialize with us!

I think you should keep the Singapore passport...but if you want convenience...I think a Chinese passport would be better. :biggrin:

:eek: You're going to LSE? I heard that it's very hard to get in...how did you do it?

Don't forget to join the Chinese Society as well! :wink:
dafunkyguy
Hey hey hey! Stop the fighting...we are one...so we shouldn't argue. Besides...the mafia helps one another...so don't fight. :yep:

Hmmm

That springs to mind. Stupid sister making me watch it.

And fighting's good :yep:.
Just dont use knifes :biggrin:
Reply 788
Original post by &#20026
这个网页长得太快了!在24个小时里你们发表了大概4-5片的短信!
我很高兴更多的朋友参加了我们的‘黑社会’。
原来在别的网页上重来没见过这么多的中国学生或对中国文化感兴趣的同胞。
在这里有一些同志们我重来没见过, 没时间跟各个同志打招呼, 我在这里就像所有新来的大哥大姐敬礼!

我刚刚装完谷歌拼音输入法, 太好用了!比我原来的老软件方便多了!可是我还不熟悉,经常打完字,想按空格键,但是不小心按回车键(出来一些烂七八糟的英文字母)。

大家知不知道有没有什么新中文电影,或电视剧?放暑假很没意思啥都没有。

这个夏天大家有去有趣的地方度假了么?

Yep...the forum is growing bigger and bigger...and our Chinese recruiting team is doing a good job!

I think our "mafia" will be successful in taking more hostages and getting more money from others.

I agree...there are a lot of people from Mainland China coming to the UK...I guess UK have to expand Chinatown now. :p:

There's a new Chinese television station? I didn't know that...:s-smilie:

I'm not going anywhere for this month...just volunteering and staying at home. :yep:
Reply 789
Original post by &#34315
Hmmm

That springs to mind. Stupid sister making me watch it.

And fighting's good :yep:.
Just dont use knifes :biggrin:

No...we use machetes to steal money! :p:
Reply 790
hi there...I am new in ere n im a Chinese too(i am from Hong Kong) and have been in UK since January 2006...Does anyone got a summer job or Saturday job yet..?I am gonna be so jealous because i didn't manage to find one...I am 16 and I haven't got my NI no. yet because my dad hold a work permit and I can only apply 4 a NI no. unless I get employed..so frusrated:no: :no: anyway, glad to meet u all..
Reply 791
Hey,

How good are you guys at reading/writing? I think I know about 2000 characters, except I seem to have hit a wall in terms of how many more I can learn, cause I can remember them for a few weeks/months but after a while they seem to blend in with other characters that I know which are similar, and I'd never be able to recognise them out of context - ie. not in a phrase.
studyboy
I see. :biggrin: Why not try to learn the dialect? :wink:

i find it hard to remember how to say stuff properly...
same with mandarin... i cant get the pronunciation properly...:no:
joekang
Hey,

How good are you guys at reading/writing? I think I know about 2000 characters, except I seem to have hit a wall in terms of how many more I can learn, cause I can remember them for a few weeks/months but after a while they seem to blend in with other characters that I know which are similar, and I'd never be able to recognise them out of context - ie. not in a phrase.

hmmm same as me, but i dont think i know as much as 2000!!! :woo:
wws513
hi there...I am new in ere n im a Chinese too(i am from Hong Kong) and have been in UK since January 2006...Does anyone got a summer job or Saturday job yet..?I am gonna be so jealous because i didn't manage to find one...I am 16 and I haven't got my NI no. yet because my dad hold a work permit and I can only apply 4 a NI no. unless I get employed..so frusrated:no: :no: anyway, glad to meet u all..

Hello there, welcome :biggrin:
I'm from HongKong too ^^, Where abouts are you from there: New territories/Kowloon/Hk Island?
I've got a part time working for my parents during weekends if that counst. =p
Hopefully your NI applications will work out fine, though it is very complicated. (stupid system within UK).

Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay here ^^;
Reply 795
Original post by &#34315
Hello there, welcome :biggrin:
I'm from HongKong too ^^, Where abouts are you from there: New territories/Kowloon/Hk Island?
I've got a part time working for my parents during weekends if that counst. =p
Hopefully your NI applications will work out fine, though it is very complicated. (stupid system within UK).

Anyways, hope you enjoy your stay here ^^;

I am from Fanling in New territories(not sure about the spelling)..how about u?well u are lucky..u can work in ur own family business..may i ask is that a take away or chinese restaurant..?I am kinda curious about that..:yep:
wws513
I am from Fanling in New territories(not sure about the spelling)..how about u?well u are lucky..u can work in ur own family business..may i ask is that a take away or chinese restaurant..?I am kinda curious about that..:yep:

Ahh I know exactly where you're talking about. My aunt is from that place, its pronounced: 'fun leng' right?
I'm from Sheung Shui (上&#27700:wink:.
They own a Chinese Take-Away. ^^, Though they're gonna be retiring soon.
Reply 797
Original post by &#34315
Ahh I know exactly where you're talking about. My aunt is from that place, its pronounced: 'fun leng' right?
I'm from Sheung Shui (上&#27700:wink:.
They own a Chinese Take-Away. ^^, Though they're gonna be retiring soon.

Yah..exactly..
Can't believe we lived that close when we were in H.K...By the way..have you ever attend to any secondary school in 上水or粉嶺..?My old school is in Fanling called Po Leung Kuk Ma Kam Ming College.. :yep: :yep:
wws513
Yah..exactly..
Can't believe we lived that close when we were in H.K...By the way..have you ever attend to any secondary school in 上水or粉嶺..?My old school is in Fanling called Po Leung Kuk Ma Kam Ming College.. :yep: :yep:

Yeah, they're quite close =p.
I haven't attended any school in HongKong, I emigrated, to UK at the age of 3.
But, I really really wish I could've grown up in HongKong. I feel I would've enjoyed things more, and benefited more if I was brought up in HongKong since I feel I belong there [and is kind-of outcast-ed here.].
Reply 799
Original post by &#34315
Yeah, they're quite close =p.
I haven't attended any school in HongKong, I emigrated, to UK at the age of 3.
But, I really really wish I could've grown up in HongKong. I feel I would've enjoyed things more, and benefited more if I was brought up in HongKong since I feel I belong there [and is kind-of outcast-ed here.].

You may find H.K. skools are a bit stressy because they have got loads and loads of test and homework 4 the poor H.K. student to finish..But generally I always love H.K. ... I actually think u can definitely benefited more if you have stayed in H.K. a little bit longer like till 10 or so...:smile: :smile:but I do personally think U.K. is quite a good place to live in as well..:smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest