The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Law at Lancaster?

Hi~ so I have just done my A-level and I can predict it to be CCD (hopefully not any lower). I have an A* in Chinese Mandarin and so Lancaster said I can get in with a B and C, this is already a contextual offer. So what are the chances that they would accept me with C C? I honestly don't want to go to my insurance choice 😭
Reply 1
Tough one, points-wise you should be accepted but if its just your top 3 A-level results that A*CC may not be enough - especially because its already a contextual offer.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Like everyone else, you will have to wait until August to see what you get, and if the Uni accepts you.
Hi @Tiff_Xin!

You are probably best off emailing the undergraduate admissions team ([email protected]) to ask about this, as they are probably best placed to advise. Generally, the university tend to view this sort of thing on a case-by-case basis, and do take into account any exceptional circumstances that you let them know about.

Hope this helped :smile:

^Harry (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Good luck for tomorrow! And remember no matter what grades you get, its not over for you :smile:
Also good job on A* in Mandarin, I currently do Law at Lancaster University and study Mandarin! I will say that I got in below my contextual offer!
Reply 5
Hey, I just saw this and thank you so much for the good luck wish. I got in !! Despite I was one grade lower but you know, I'm just glad that I made it! And Chinese is like my first language so it wasn't so difficult for me but I am still happy that I got an A*. Also I always find learning different languages so cool and not to sound creepy but I don't know, maybe I'll see you around (without realising it's you obv haha)

Original post by littleflower16
Good luck for tomorrow! And remember no matter what grades you get, its not over for you :smile:
Also good job on A* in Mandarin, I currently do Law at Lancaster University and study Mandarin! I will say that I got in below my contextual offer!
Original post by Tiff_Xin
Hey, I just saw this and thank you so much for the good luck wish. I got in !! Despite I was one grade lower but you know, I'm just glad that I made it! And Chinese is like my first language so it wasn't so difficult for me but I am still happy that I got an A*. Also I always find learning different languages so cool and not to sound creepy but I don't know, maybe I'll see you around (without realising it's you obv haha)

It's not creepy at all, if you ever wanna meet up, just message me on insta: blue.seoul20!
Also Congratulations! Welcome to Lancaster :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending