The Student Room Group

GCSE music drum loop plagiarism???

For my gcse composition I used some pre-made drum loops on LogicPro (as my drum composing skills are sub par at best); is this allowed? I edited them by changing some of the notes and merging multiple loops into a larger drum beat and layered them quite a lot but im wondering if I'll get disqualified? I dont mind losing a couple of marks for it, I still have a week to change them too if need be. Pls help!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I highly doubt you will get disqualified as you edited them and changed some notes, and merged into larger drum beat. Since it’s just a drum beat, it won’t be very recogniseable either. You can change it if u want but i don’t really see the need to :smile:
Reply 2
Wow, you're lucky that you can use logic. We have to start from scratch is sh*tty Sibelius lmao
You probs won't get disqualified!! It's the skills in there that they mark, not what is copied!!
Original post by lucaswong
For my gcse composition I used some pre-made drum loops on LogicPro (as my drum composing skills are sub par at best); is this allowed? I edited them by changing some of the notes and merging multiple loops into a larger drum beat and layered them quite a lot but im wondering if I'll get disqualified? I dont mind losing a couple of marks for it, I still have a week to change them too if need be. Pls help!
Reply 3
Ah thank you, I've been worrying quite a lot but this helped :smile:
Original post by sarahhhf
I highly doubt you will get disqualified as you edited them and changed some notes, and merged into larger drum beat. Since it’s just a drum beat, it won’t be very recogniseable either. You can change it if u want but i don’t really see the need to :smile:
Reply 4
That's a relief, thank you :smile:
We had the choice of using logic or sib but I physically can't compose with sheet music so I picked logic lmao, hope your composition goes well!
Original post by rrrude
Wow, you're lucky that you can use logic. We have to start from scratch is sh*tty Sibelius lmao
You probs won't get disqualified!! It's the skills in there that they mark, not what is copied!!
Reply 5
Thanks! I've already had my marks back for my coursework, I got 75% overall :/
Hope you get the marks you want, I don't think there's any need to worry about your composition :smile:
That's a relief, thank you :smile:
We had the choice of using logic or sib but I physically can't compose with sheet music so I picked logic lmao, hope your composition goes well!
Reply 6
Thanks! Good luck on the written exam then, too (im absolutely dreading it)
Original post by rrrude
Thanks! I've already had my marks back for my coursework, I got 75% overall :/
Hope you get the marks you want, I don't think there's any need to worry about your composition :smile:
Reply 7
I'm sure it will be fine. The grade boundaries will be pretty low hopefully
Thanks! Good luck on the written exam then, too (im absolutely dreading it)
Reply 8
:smile:
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest