The Student Room Group

Malpractice within Coursework

My college has just emailed me about an investigation from Pearson about myself conducting malpractice in my Music Technology Coursework NEA. These claims, I believe, are untrue; I have sent a statement (as requested by my college and the exam board) to Pearson to confirm whether I have conducted malpractice, I have denied these claims in the statement. I do not know what will happen to my coursework or my Music Technology qualification as a whole. Please help as I am stressing out a bit. The claims in question are apparently that my coursework bears similarities to others, this is untrue as I was made aware of the risks of doing this and spent time to ensure that this would not happen.
Original post by joe068
My college has just emailed me about an investigation from Pearson about myself conducting malpractice in my Music Technology Coursework NEA. These claims, I believe, are untrue; I have sent a statement (as requested by my college and the exam board) to Pearson to confirm whether I have conducted malpractice, I have denied these claims in the statement. I do not know what will happen to my coursework or my Music Technology qualification as a whole. Please help as I am stressing out a bit. The claims in question are apparently that my coursework bears similarities to others, this is untrue as I was made aware of the risks of doing this and spent time to ensure that this would not happen.

You will have to wait until the investigation has run its course, unfortunately, before you will know what the implications (if any) will be.

In your statement, did you detail the steps you undertook to ensure that your work was unique and was not too similar to the work of others?

It may just be coincidence. Plenty of professional musicians get taken to court for similar "offences" and are deemed not to have been in the wrong. Hopefully the same will happen to you.
Original post by iheartcopleyz
Don't worry, if its Pearsons they don't care about coursework. I recorded drum tracks for a friend and he used them in his coursework and Pearson even found out about it and they still didn't do anything!

What did Pearson say, is it allowed? I'm doing Music Technology and I could really do with some help with recording drums specifically cos they're a bit of a mess to be honest and I'm really worried it'll pull my grade down. For the NEA1 I thought we couldn't get someone else to do that though.
Wait that's this year? You do know that's cheating don't you?
Original post by sailhorsegirl
Wait that's this year? You do know that's cheating don't you?

They do. They don't seem to care.

Quick Reply

Latest