The Student Room Group

Aqa English Lit and Lang help

Hello, I'm not good at both English language and literature, and it is not useful that our teacher is slightly dopey. Our whole class is underachieving and I'm stuck in grade 3.

I was wondering if I could get any help with both Englishes.
Stuff like structuring would be really useful.

Thank you very much :]
for english language make sure you know how to write a decent story/ describe something random and you can practice doing that in a set time which should be all good because they're in june! Doing that helps you secure at least half the paper but apart from that just make sure you can pinpoint different language techniques and its effect on the reader and why it may have been done.( eg, long complex sentences being used to create an overwhelming or depressing atmosphere). Doing reading in your spare time is also helpful because it can help you with getting inspiration for creative writing.

English lit: Remember key quotes that can be used for most questions. Write a good intro with context aswell as key ideas you will discuss in your essay. Always identify language techniques like metaphors because that's ao2 and provide different interpretations. If it's a character question it would be good to bring your opinion into the argument. Write atleast 3 or 4 main body paragraphs ( they don't have to be really long) and an intro and brief conclusion summing up your points. Definitely make use of mr salles videos for lang and lit bc he helps a ton in giving advice and do practice questions and plan out how you'll answer it. For poetry you need to talk about structure and form aswell to get a good mark. I'm sure you'll do good, best of luck to you and your class!
Thank you for going into depth, it does mean a lot. I'll probably put this down to bullet points.

Thank you
Original post by piinkmatter
for english language make sure you know how to write a decent story/ describe something random and you can practice doing that in a set time which should be all good because they're in june! Doing that helps you secure at least half the paper but apart from that just make sure you can pinpoint different language techniques and its effect on the reader and why it may have been done.( eg, long complex sentences being used to create an overwhelming or depressing atmosphere). Doing reading in your spare time is also helpful because it can help you with getting inspiration for creative writing.

English lit: Remember key quotes that can be used for most questions. Write a good intro with context aswell as key ideas you will discuss in your essay. Always identify language techniques like metaphors because that's ao2 and provide different interpretations. If it's a character question it would be good to bring your opinion into the argument. Write atleast 3 or 4 main body paragraphs ( they don't have to be really long) and an intro and brief conclusion summing up your points. Definitely make use of mr salles videos for lang and lit bc he helps a ton in giving advice and do practice questions and plan out how you'll answer it. For poetry you need to talk about structure and form aswell to get a good mark. I'm sure you'll do good, best of luck to you and your class!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending