The Student Room Group

Aqa maths paper 1 reaction

Hey guys how was maths paper 1 for you man. Please comment and tell us what you got for questions like the difference in the circle and which was either 12.5 or 11.5
Reply 1
I got 12.5 wb you guys
i got 12.5 as well. What school do u go?
Reply 3
A not very good one wbu
Reply 4
But it’s alright - I might go to a bad school but ima definitely get straight 9’s
Reply 5
For the first question I got 9
Reply 6
For one I got £45
yh got that. super easy that one was.
Original post by Jsm4902
For the first question I got 9
Reply 8
How did you find the exam? Hard or easy
i found it quite hard actually. I hope i can get a 6 which is my target grade. What do you think a 6 will be. Think it was 120ish last year. For reference, i got a 5 in mocks.
Original post by Jsm4902
How did you find the exam? Hard or easy
(edited 4 years ago)
Exactly the same for me. I'm just hoping that the next two papers are much easier
Original post by HetTalati14
i found it quite hard actually. I hope i can get a 6 which is my target grade. What do you think a 6 will be. Think it was 120ish last year. For reference, i got a 5 in mocks.
It's 11.5 amigos. I got 12.5 as well but have recently learned where I went wrong: you had to subtract the area of the little semicircle from the area of the big circle (100pi - 8pi) to get the area of the big circle, which is therefore 92pi. Then you divide 92pi by 8pi, which gives 11.5.
i got 12.5 as well. What school do u go?

Original post by Jsm4902
I got 12.5 wb you guys
Reply 12
What grade you working at shahaan
yh, thats what people have told me. Damn, just hope the other 2 papers go better.
Original post by bazzosaurus
It's 11.5 amigos. I got 12.5 as well but have recently learned where I went wrong: you had to subtract the area of the little semicircle from the area of the big circle (100pi - 8pi) to get the area of the big circle, which is therefore 92pi. Then you divide 92pi by 8pi, which gives 11.5.
Reply 14
I’m quite average at maths (hate it so much man all these numbers and algebra and ting) but gotta feeling this paper was really easy
Agreed... I didn't find this paper too hard but it was far from easy. Already spotted several marks I've definitely dropped.
yh, thats what people have told me. Damn, just hope the other 2 papers go better.
I thought the first half of the paper was quite easy(ish) but it got way harder at the end.
Original post by Jsm4902
I’m quite average at maths (hate it so much man all these numbers and algebra and ting) but gotta feeling this paper was really easy

Original post by bazzosaurus
Agreed... I didn't find this paper too hard but it was far from easy. Already spotted several marks I've definitely dropped.
Reply 17
Bazzosaurus hombre it’s 12.5 as smaller circle on top off circle and question 100% said it was an enlargement
Huh. I hope you're right, but I was pretty sure, after speaking around, that the shaded semicircle wasn't part of the big unshaded circle and had to be subtracted from it. I'll be interested to see what the official mark scheme says.
Original post by Jsm4902
Bazzosaurus hombre it’s 12.5 as smaller circle on top off circle and question 100% said it was an enlargement

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending