The Student Room Group

Edexcel a level business 2019

Scroll to see replies

And what the **** was that stock market floation question
(edited 4 years ago)
What did everyone put for the stock floation question and the marketing mix one ?
we weren't taught about stock flotation so i just guessed and said it was when spotify sell shares on the global stock exchange to get revenue but means less control,
the marketing mix question i got wrong :frown: so annoyed! i rote about ethno and geo centric approaches
Reply 23
Well i reckon it was probably the easiest out of the three years, think I tried to write too much though, finished the first section, was running out of time so I did the 20 marker on section B first, then the 2 4’s and ran out of time on the 10 and 12.... managed to bullet point some stuff but I’m absolutely gutted think I’ve ruined my chance of getting an A*
Reply 24
Original post by Shockez
And what the **** was that stock market floation question

Stock market floatation was basically- raise share capital however loss of control/ shareholder conflicts
i don't think it was easier than previous years tbh but i had enough time and 20 mins left to check after and me too haha hopefully the next two will be better
Original post by marywagland123
we weren't taught about stock flotation so i just guessed and said it was when spotify sell shares on the global stock exchange to get revenue but means less control,
the marketing mix question i got wrong :frown: so annoyed! i rote about ethno and geo centric approaches

I did pretty much the same I messed up on the definition of floation but put relevant points to what it actually is and the marketing mix I talked about e/p/g
as well but I reckon we will still get some marks for that
Reply 27
i don't think it was easier than previous years tbh but i had enough time and 20 mins left to check after and me too haha hopefully the next two will be better

Hopefully🤞
At least there was no nastily worded questions about ethics or something like that, it could have been a worse than it was..
Think I’m going to practice lots of past papers before paper 2, to work on my timings and writing the bare minimum required to achieve the marks
Reply 28
Original post by bob thebuilder1
I did pretty much the same I messed up on the definition of floation but put relevant points to what it actually is and the marketing mix I talked about e/p/g

Epg was still very much relevant (in context), if you went into details about what elements of the marketing mix need to be changed in order to use an epg approach
What did you do for supply and demand question
amazing haha i wrote about how the approach is important because they have different needs in different countries e.g. china have larger demand for tea than coffee so could develop chai latte using geocentric approaches
Original post by sammyvee
Epg was still very much relevant (in context), if you went into details about what elements of the marketing mix need to be changed in order to use an epg approach
Reply 31
Decrease in demand
Original post by Ham Roll
Reply 32
for the last question on employee to employer relationships did you bring up Mayo?

And for the first 20 marker when talking about ethno/geo/poly did people bring up how that links to ansoffs matrix because I’m not sure whether I did that question correctly?
so glad we are in the same boat haha

Original post by bob thebuilder1
demand decreased?
Original post by Ham Roll
Reply 35
Did everyone else not finish? For the 10 markers I literally only had time to bullet point them!
i brought up mayo
Original post by Jay29_
for the last question on employee to employer relationships did you bring up Mayo?

And for the first 20 marker when talking about ethno/geo/poly did people bring up how that links to ansoffs matrix because I’m not sure whether I did that question correctly?
Reply 37
Yeah I bought up ansoff’s matrix because opening up in asia is market development and remaining in the existing markets is market penetration!
I also messed up the 10 marker on marketing mix, i wrote about the marketing mix indivually i wrote something like ‘luzzava’ or whatever it was called, could open stores near schools in usa because the demopraphics show it’s around 40-49 year olds who drink coffee, potential parents!
God i never waffled so much
i brought up mayo

Original post by Jay29_

i thought about market penetration and them completely forgot to write it, so frustrating!!! oh yeah thats a good point
Original post by mp2509
Yeah I bought up ansoff’s matrix because opening up in asia is market development and remaining in the existing markets is market penetration!
I also messed up the 10 marker on marketing mix, i wrote about the marketing mix indivually i wrote something like ‘luzzava’ or whatever it was called, could open stores near schools in usa because the demopraphics show it’s around 40-49 year olds who drink coffee, potential parents!
God i never waffled so much
Reply 39
For the calculation on question 1 did you guys get something like 53.6?
Because 2009-10 was like 60 or something %
And 2019-20 was like 6% change?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending