The Student Room Group

One week to get an A

So I’ve learnt all the content for my upcoming maths exam, and done the exercises in the book. However, I’ve not yet done past papers. Is there enough time still to get an A grade. This is for A level maths
Reply 1
When's the exam? A week? Past papers are only 2 hours each. Think of how many you could get done in that time :biggrin:
Original post by Bazyli
So I’ve learnt all the content for my upcoming maths exam, and done the exercises in the book. However, I’ve not yet done past papers. Is there enough time still to get an A grade. This is for A level maths

Its still possible to get an A in maths if you try exams papers now. At this point if you haven’t done any exam papers and you’ve got one week to try and practice then you might as well start cramming. Probably do a good few hours going through recent past papers and correcting any mistakes that you make. People do usually say to take it easy these few weeks but personally, the stress and need to work is what drives me to try and get a higher grade.
Only just started revising for maths yesterday and im goin for A* 😬
Reply 4
Original post by nzy
When's the exam? A week? Past papers are only 2 hours each. Think of how many you could get done in that time :biggrin:

Yeah in one week haha. I’m starting to stress out completely!! I need to do as many as possible tomorrow. I’ll aim for three along with covering more content for C3 (in three weeks). I haven’t even started C4 revision. Omg.
Reply 5
Original post by Levi23317
Only just started revising for maths yesterday and im goin for A* 😬

For a level maths? Have you done past papers? I say these exams last year and got Es and Ds so im terrified lol
It depends one how easy you find maths. For some its comes naturally and are able to successfully answer many past exam questions after only doing one. Hope you have good memory skills and just keep practicing and you’ll at least get higher than Es and Ds
Reply 7
Original post by Lushydushy
It depends one how easy you find maths. For some its comes naturally and are able to successfully answer many past exam questions after only doing one. Hope you have good memory skills and just keep practicing and you’ll at least get higher than Es and Ds

Yeah I do have a good memory and I got a b in AS maths. Hopefully I can still pull it off
[QUOTE="Bazyli;83554252"]For a level maths? Have you done past papers? I say these exams last year and got Es and Ds so im terrified
Original post by Bazyli
For a level maths? Have you done past papers? I say these exams last year and got Es and Ds so im terrified lol

Yeh for a level maths. Yeh ive done some past papers and theyre alright i just hate proof by contradiction
Reply 9
Hi, this is wjec right the exam is next Wednesday. I would say you definitely could get an A. Just do as many past papers as you can.
Reply 10
Original post by Levi23317
Original post by Bazyli
For a level maths? Have you done past papers? I say these exams last year and got Es and Ds so im terrified

Yeh for a level maths. Yeh ive done some past papers and theyre alright i just hate proof by contradiction

At least you’re good at maths though lol

Quick Reply

Latest