The Student Room Group

Accounting career - post degree with 3rd

I graduated with a third in accounting and am looking for any advice if it's still possible to continue my career in a worthwhile way. I know it's better off not including a third on your CV to employers and I won't write a list of reasons to why I performed so poorly at university. I know self funding yourself through the ACCA exams is a possibility, albeit not ideal in comparison to studying ACCA through a university with loans due to the difficult nature of these exams. I know getting a third is a waste of time and money but I'd like to get another chance to succeed in this career. From what I've been told ACCA is ideal if you 've gotten the exemptions through your degree. There are people who have been successful after getting a third but they are the minority and I'm not sure what to do.
If anyone has any advice on any routes I can take, I would love to hear them. Thank you.

Scroll to see replies

sixth formers go into accounting apprenticeships and come out qualified, possibly doing the exams alongside their job

have you looked into it? you may know more than i do
Reply 2
Original post by Octa12
I graduated with a third in accounting and am looking for any advice if it's still possible to continue my career in a worthwhile way. I know it's better off not including a third on your CV to employers and I won't write a list of reasons to why I performed so poorly at university. I know self funding yourself through the ACCA exams is a possibility, albeit not ideal in comparison to studying ACCA through a university with loans due to the difficult nature of these exams. I know getting a third is a waste of time and money but I'd like to get another chance to succeed in this career. From what I've been told ACCA is ideal if you 've gotten the exemptions through your degree. There are people who have been successful after getting a third but they are the minority and I'm not sure what to do.
If anyone has any advice on any routes I can take, I would love to hear them. Thank you.

Look - a lot depends on why you got a third. What were your A level grades? How many ACCA exemptions do you get?

I guess we all need a job so may as well be in accounts if thats what you fancy.

For your main questions:

if it's still possible to continue my career in a worthwhile way

Possibly, yes. If someone with strong academic skills and decent interpersonal skills had had a bit of a nightmare at university but go on the first rung and passed professional exams they would do just fine. I know a couple of people with thirds who have careers in accounts - they were both from other countries, didnt get a grant so worked pretty much full time hours while studying in a second language.

I know self funding yourself through the ACCA exams is a possibility, albeit not ideal in comparison to studying ACCA through a university with loans due to the difficult nature of these exams

I may be a bit out of date but this seems highly misinformed:

- university courses covering the later ACCA exams while pretending to be a masters degree are pretty new innovations. Are they any good? I don't know. I dont think they have much pedigree, and university salaries are very, very low compared with the tutors at the top accountancy colleges. Not sure I'd pay for a university course. If money was no object the likes of BPP and Kaplan work well for people. Still, I'll bet a large majority who pass have self studied most or all of the exams.

There are people who have been successful after getting a third but they are the minority and I'm not sure what to do.

The trouble is you are looking at a small number of people who probably had slightly unusual circumstances. Thats not really a good guide. A lot depends on where you live as to how to look for some entry level job to make a start.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Look - a lot depends on why you got a third. What were your A level grades? How many ACCA exemptions do you get?

I guess we all need a job so may as well be in accounts if thats what you fancy.

For your main questions:

if it's still possible to continue my career in a worthwhile way

Possibly, yes. If someone with strong academic skills and decent interpersonal skills had had a bit of a nightmare at university but go on the first rung and passed professional exams they would do just fine. I know a couple of people with thirds who have careers in accounts - they were both from other countries, didnt get a grant so worked pretty much full time hours while studying in a second language.

I know self funding yourself through the ACCA exams is a possibility, albeit not ideal in comparison to studying ACCA through a university with loans due to the difficult nature of these exams

I may be a bit out of date but this seems highly misinformed:

- university courses covering the later ACCA exams while pretending to be a masters degree are pretty new innovations. Are they any good? I don't know. I dont think they have much pedigree, and university salaries are very, very low compared with the tutors at the top accountancy colleges. Not sure I'd pay for a university course. If money was no object the likes of BPP and Kaplan work well for people. Still, I'll bet a large majority who pass have self studied most or all of the exams.

There are people who have been successful after getting a third but they are the minority and I'm not sure what to do.

The trouble is you are looking at a small number of people who probably had slightly unusual circumstances. Thats not really a good guide. A lot depends on where you live as to how to look for some entry level job to make a start.

Working part time/ full time to pay for the ACCA exams and self studying is an option available but i'm not sure if it's worth doing or the correct choice due to my poor university grade and no experience in an accounting job. For me, getting a grant is not an issue, i will most likely be accepted as i'm not an international student, the issue i'm currently facing is that universities are requiring atleast a 2:1 grade to be accepted onto the ACCA progam they're offering. I'm not sure what you mean when you're referring to ACCA exams pretending to be masters degree, as i take it, they're completely different things. Options are to do ACCA/ACA governing bodies exams through the universities or study a masters, i'm not interested in doing a masters, not that i'd be accepted by a university onto the course anyway. I think you're talking about university courses that do ACCA courses being sub-par and definitely not on the same level as Kaplan and BPP, which is true but i obviously can't afford them. I don't know whether majority of ACCA students who pass do it via self-study or through university/other organization. However, i know that nearly all my peers at university continued to study the ACCA exams with the university, and nearly all of them got atleast a 2:1. I don't have A-levels, i studied BTEC and It's basically useless. Accounting degrees give you i think 9 exemptions from your ACCA exams. So there are still plenty to do and according to lecturers, they're quite a bit harder aswell. I've been taking a look at the Prospects website to see what options are available and whether there's a suitable job that allows studying for the ACCA exams, but they're mostly requiring 2:1 grade aswell. These are based in Manchester which i'm fine with working at as the other locations are too far but the issue once again is my grade. University course may not be that great but it's still additional help which you won't have access to if you're self-studying. Also i think you're able to get a grant if you go the university way but if you self-study, you're essentially forced to pay for each exam out of pocket straight away right? I need to know whether continuing a career in Accountancy is worthwhile now and if i realistically have a chance at being successful while being at a huge disadvantage compared to my peers who did well at university and have already gotten relevant job experience in the field. If so, what steps do i need to take in order to catch up and get on the right track? Ideally, one would want to do a job related to accounting whilst also studying for the ACCA exams or taking the ACCA exams through the university. I think this is near impossible for me due to not having any previous job experience in Accounting and poor university grades so i'm not left with many options. Thanks for your replies, i'm still looking for some advice on what my options are.
Forgot to add, this may be in the wrong section and should be in the post-graduate section instead?
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
sixth formers go into accounting apprenticeships and come out qualified, possibly doing the exams alongside their job

have you looked into it? you may know more than i do

I have taken a look at the Prospects website and from what i can see, they require a 2:1 grade for most of the jobs/routes that are listed on there.
Reply 5
Original post by Octa12

Do you have any sort of experience and internships? If so then you can simply search for jobs who'll accept a third. I've stumbled upon many roles on indeed that do not ask for your degree results provided you have a few experiences and knowledge. In your case I would apply to these by making a speculative application. Try and avoid grad scheme and big companies, and look for traineeships.

Have you looked into other roles such as finance assistant? It has a decent pay (depending on the organisation and location, you can expect to earn £20-25k as a trainee), and some employers will fund for qualifications.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Octa122
I have taken a look at the Prospects website and from what i can see, they require a 2:1 grade for most of the jobs/routes that are listed on there.

https://ukcareers.ey.com/students/programmes/apprenticeships
Reply 7
Original post by Octa122
Working part time/ full time to pay for the ACCA exams and self studying is an option available but i'm not sure if it's worth doing or the correct choice due to my poor university grade and no experience in an accounting job. For me, getting a grant is not an issue, i will most likely be accepted as i'm not an international student, the issue i'm currently facing is that universities are requiring atleast a 2:1 grade to be accepted onto the ACCA progam they're offering. I'm not sure what you mean when you're referring to ACCA exams pretending to be masters degree, as i take it, they're completely different things. Options are to do ACCA/ACA governing bodies exams through the universities or study a masters, i'm not interested in doing a masters, not that i'd be accepted by a university onto the course anyway. I think you're talking about university courses that do ACCA courses being sub-par and definitely not on the same level as Kaplan and BPP, which is true but i obviously can't afford them. I don't know whether majority of ACCA students who pass do it via self-study or through university/other organization. However, i know that nearly all my peers at university continued to study the ACCA exams with the university, and nearly all of them got atleast a 2:1. I don't have A-levels, i studied BTEC and It's basically useless. Accounting degrees give you i think 9 exemptions from your ACCA exams. So there are still plenty to do and according to lecturers, they're quite a bit harder aswell. I've been taking a look at the Prospects website to see what options are available and whether there's a suitable job that allows studying for the ACCA exams, but they're mostly requiring 2:1 grade aswell. These are based in Manchester which i'm fine with working at as the other locations are too far but the issue once again is my grade. University course may not be that great but it's still additional help which you won't have access to if you're self-studying. Also i think you're able to get a grant if you go the university way but if you self-study, you're essentially forced to pay for each exam out of pocket straight away right? I need to know whether continuing a career in Accountancy is worthwhile now and if i realistically have a chance at being successful while being at a huge disadvantage compared to my peers who did well at university and have already gotten relevant job experience in the field. If so, what steps do i need to take in order to catch up and get on the right track? Ideally, one would want to do a job related to accounting whilst also studying for the ACCA exams or taking the ACCA exams through the university. I think this is near impossible for me due to not having any previous job experience in Accounting and poor university grades so i'm not left with many options. Thanks for your replies, i'm still looking for some advice on what my options are.
Forgot to add, this may be in the wrong section and should be in the post-graduate section instead?

Working part time/ full time to pay for the ACCA exams and self studying is an option available but i'm not sure if it's worth doing or the correct choice due to my poor university grade and no experience in an accounting job.

Why? Most people who go this route have had no prior experience in an accounting job when they start. It also has the huge benefit of being cheap - if you decide accounting work is not for you you haven't blown a load of money or wasted the opportunity to study other things.

For me, getting a grant is not an issue, i will most likely be accepted as i'm not an international student, the issue i'm currently facing is that universities are requiring atleast a 2:1 grade to be accepted onto the ACCA progam they're offering.

How do you get a grant for postgrad accounting studies? Are you in England? I don't think there are any (maybe a couple of scholarships. Why would an international student have a harder time being accepted? They pay more?

Could you link to the ACCA programme you are considering?

I'm not sure what you mean when you're referring to ACCA exams pretending to be masters degree, as i take it, they're completely different things.

Not necessarily. Since the government stating dishing out loan for masters degrees universities have been particularly keen to attract students. Courses which might have been ACCA specific are sold as masters degrees in order that students can collect the loan money.

However, i know that nearly all my peers at university continued to study the ACCA exams with the university, and nearly all of them got atleast a 2:1.

I don't think that very representative. Strong applicants get jobs which pay for course as well as paying a salary - no-one offered one would do a university course. I've not yet seen a CV from anyone who did ACCA exams on a university course (other than undergrad exemptions). I see a lot of CV's from people who self studied or went to Kaplan etc.

Accounting degrees give you i think 9 exemptions from your ACCA exams.

They vary between 5 and 9. It's worth checking on https://www.accaglobal.com/vn/en/help/exemptions-calculator.html to see what you have.

So there are still plenty to do and according to lecturers, they're quite a bit harder aswell.

If you have 9 exemptions there are only 4 to do. Yes - they are generally a lot harder than university exams

Also i think you're able to get a grant if you go the university way but if you self-study, you're essentially forced to pay for each exam out of pocket straight away right?

If you can get a grant. I doubt there are any - see my point above. If you self study you do probably have to pay unless you find an employer to pay for you.

I've been taking a look at the Prospects website to see what options are available and whether there's a suitable job that allows studying for the ACCA exams, but they're mostly requiring 2:1 grade aswell.

True - no reason not to apply for grad jobs but there are probably a long shot. They will continue to be a long shot if you stay at university to complete ACCA. If you apply with real experience companies are more accommodating.

I need to know whether continuing a career in Accountancy is worthwhile now and if i realistically have a chance at being successful while being at a huge disadvantage compared to my peers who did well at university and have already gotten relevant job experience in the field.

You will have a harder time getting into a first job which offers training/ grad scheme benefits. You have a perfectly reasonable chance if you have the ability to perform in the job, and ideally to pass professional exams.

If so, what steps do i need to take in order to catch up and get on the right track?

By all means look at the prospects website etc but I think you'll struggle there. The best way is to get a job related to accounts - such as purchase ledger, accounts assistant etc. You are plenty qualified enough. Make sure you know enough about Excel to be able to contribute on day 1. Maybe target temporary jobs are they are easier to get as a first job.

You need to get a good CV together, be well prepared and then register with big agencies such as Reed and Hays. Look though ads on linkedin, Reed, Gaapweb and Indeed. Apply for lots of things even if they state minimum experience which you don't have. Its important to be able to interview well and demonstrate that you understand the career paths and type of work you would be doing.
Reply 8
To add - and as someone has asked above: what work have you done before? Bar work? Shop work? nothing?

You've asked a few times whether it i worthwhile. What are your other options/ interests? If you were in a great sales or commercial job I could understand sticking with it. If you are not then there is no downside to pursuing accountancy.
Reply 9
Original post by kkboyk
Do you have any sort of experience and internships? If so then you can simply search for jobs who'll accept a third. I've stumbled upon many roles on indeed that do not ask for your degree results provided you have a few experiences and knowledge. In your case I would apply to these by making a speculative application. Try and avoid grad scheme and big companies, and look for traineeships.

Have you looked into other roles such as finance assistant? It has a decent pay (depending on the organisation and location, you can expect to earn £20-25k as a trainee), and some employers will fund for qualifications.

I don't have any job experience or internships, only a degree. I'm currently looking around to see if i can find a job but i want to further a career in accounting and not sure what exactly to do. I have taken a look on indeed but have not found anything that doesn't require experience and other qualifications i don't have. If i can make 20-25k as a trainee and get funding for qualifications, that would be ideal but i don't see anything like this available to me at the moment on prospects or indeed.
Reply 10
Why? Most people who go this route have had no prior experience in an accounting job when they start. It also has the huge benefit of being cheap - if you decide accounting work is not for you you haven't blown a load of money or wasted the opportunity to study other things.

Most people i know graduate and then continue to do their ACCA exams through the university as it's easier due to the assistance the lecturers are giving to you all along the way until you sit the exams at the ACCA exam centre. It's usually recommended to get some experience in an accounting job whilst studying for the degree but of-course i wasn't able to do as much. I haven't taken an exact look but i don't think the price difference between self-study and university route is that big of a difference. So why would self-studying through the exams be considered cheap? Accounting is not exactly my ideal dream job but it's the only thing i've got that i can possibly make a career out of and i can't go back to university or study something else. I don't really see any other options for me at this stage that can result in a successful career change, and i don't have anything in mind either. One of the reasons i did poorly at university was due to me not being interested in the subject. That's why i'm trying to focus on figuring out what i need to do in order to make a career out of this, otherwise i'll be stuck working jobs with no advancement and little pay.

How do you get a grant for postgrad accounting studies? Are you in England? I don't think there are any (maybe a couple of scholarships. Why would an international student have a harder time being accepted? They pay more?

I'm not exactly sure but i'm assuming if i got a 2:1, i would be able to study for the ACCA exams through university and pay for it via post-graduate grant/loan? I didn't look into it too much because i didn't have the grade so it was a waste of time but i think it works like this.
What do you mean? Graduating with an accounting degree gives you x amount of exemptions and then you have certain number of exams you need to take and pass to be qualified professionally through ACCA.

Not necessarily. Since the government stating dishing out loan for masters degrees universities have been particularly keen to attract students. Courses which might have been ACCA specific are sold as masters degrees in order that students can collect the loan money.

So i take it that courses which are actually ACCA specific are basically stated as masters due to the government giving out loan for masters degrees and thus allowing students to be qualified in receiving a grant/loan to pay for the masters course which is actually ACCA? That's good but i think the difference between masters and ACCA at the universities that I've checked are quite clear and the ACCA qualifications that i need are clearly a separate course from what i can see in comparison to masters.

I don't think that very representative. Strong applicants get jobs which pay for course as well as paying a salary - no-one offered one would do a university course. I've not yet seen a CV from anyone who did ACCA exams on a university course (other than undergrad exemptions). I see a lot of CV's from people who self studied or went to Kaplan etc.

You're right it's not a real representation of the overall ACCA qualified members but that was just my personal view on my peers and what i saw. I've said already that a job which pays for the course and a salary aswell is the ideal thing and ofcourse anyone would take that instead of going through the university route but as you already mentioned, you need to have strong applicant which i am not due to my grade and no experience. I will take another look at Kaplan but previously when i checked, they also had strict requirements that excluded me. Can i ask do you work for a firm/company and are ACCA qualified or why have you been able to look at CV's?

They vary between 5 and 9. It's worth checking on https://www.accaglobal.com/vn/en/hel...alculator.html to see what you have.
If you have 9 exemptions there are only 4 to do. Yes - they are generally a lot harder than university exams

I have 8 exemptions, usually universities give you 9, i just had an issue and could only get exemptions for 8. I think i need to do the 9th via self-study if i am to do the ACCA professional ones that come after university. I don't think there's only 4 remaining though, i do remember my lecturer saying more, i will have to take a closer look on the ACCA website and figure it out. The exams usually take 2 years, if it was only 4 exams, it wouldn't take that long.
Finding a grant is hard, maybe not as hard if you're taking the university route right? i doubt most my peers studying through the university are paying out of pocket right away, most likely getting funding via grant/loan but i may be wrong. Finding a job that pays a salary and for you to study is very difficult and i can't seem to find one and most likely won't find it.

True - no reason not to apply for grad jobs but there are probably a long shot. They will continue to be a long shot if you stay at university to complete ACCA. If you apply with real experience companies are more accommodating.

Most of the ones i saw on prospect require a 2:1 and a fair share also require previous experience for x amount of time in the relevant job position but no harm in applying so i might do it. I do want to get real experience and also study for the exams, issue is how do i do that?

You will have a harder time getting into a first job which offers training/ grad scheme benefits. You have a perfectly reasonable chance if you have the ability to perform in the job, and ideally to pass professional exams.

That is correct and i expected as much but what do i need to do to ensure i follow through on the reasonable chance that i may have? where do i even find something? i checked prospects/indeed and nothing i've seen has been suitable, not familiar with any other platform to seek out a suitable job.

By all means look at the prospects website etc but I think you'll struggle there. The best way is to get a job related to accounts - such as purchase ledger, accounts assistant etc. You are plenty qualified enough. Make sure you know enough about Excel to be able to contribute on day 1. Maybe target temporary jobs are they are easier to get as a first job.

You need to get a good CV together, be well prepared and then register with big agencies such as Reed and Hays. Look though ads on linkedin, Reed, Gaapweb and Indeed. Apply for lots of things even if they state minimum experience which you don't have. Its important to be able to interview well and demonstrate that you understand the career paths and type of work you would be doing.

Yes the prospects website has been difficult to find a job with my qualifications, or lack thereof. I have to be honest and say i have forgotten a decent amount of what i studied over university but my IT skills are exceptional and i am fairly able with excel but can learn quickly and i'm also looking to learn about SAGE since i know this software is used in many accounting practices. Where do i look for a temporary job in accounts? I will try make as good of a CV as i can (even though i have no job experience and a poorly ranked degree) and look through the platforms you mentioned. I did think about applying for things even though i didn't fit the requirements and see where it takes me, i haven't been to an interview before but i will try my best if i get to that stage. Thanks for your response, my internet has been down for a week and i haven't been able to take look and reply, appreciate it.

(Original post by ajj2000)
Working part time/ full time to pay for the ACCA exams and self studying is an option available but i'm not sure if it's worth doing or the correct choice due to my poor university grade and no experience in an accounting job.

For me, getting a grant is not an issue, i will most likely be accepted as i'm not an international student, the issue i'm currently facing is that universities are requiring atleast a 2:1 grade to be accepted onto the ACCA progam they're offering.

I'm not sure what you mean when you're referring to ACCA exams pretending to be masters degree, as i take it, they're completely different things.

However, i know that nearly all my peers at university continued to study the ACCA exams with the university, and nearly all of them got atleast a 2:1.

Accounting degrees give you i think 9 exemptions from your ACCA exams.

They vary between 5 and 9. It's worth checking on https://www.accaglobal.com/vn/en/help/exemptions-calculator.html to see what you have.

So there are still plenty to do and according to lecturers, they're quite a bit harder aswell.

Also i think you're able to get a grant if you go the university way but if you self-study, you're essentially forced to pay for each exam out of pocket straight away right?

If you can get a grant. I doubt there are any - see my point above. If you self study you do probably have to pay unless you find an employer to pay for you.

I've been taking a look at the Prospects website to see what options are available and whether there's a suitable job that allows studying for the ACCA exams, but they're mostly requiring 2:1 grade aswell.

I need to know whether continuing a career in Accountancy is worthwhile now and if i realistically have a chance at being successful while being at a huge disadvantage compared to my peers who did well at university and have already gotten relevant job experience in the field.

If so, what steps do i need to take in order to catch up and get on the right track?

Reply 11
Original post by ajj2000
To add - and as someone has asked above: what work have you done before? Bar work? Shop work? nothing?

You've asked a few times whether it i worthwhile. What are your other options/ interests? If you were in a great sales or commercial job I could understand sticking with it. If you are not then there is no downside to pursuing accountancy.

I don't have any job experience. Only reason i'm pursuing Accountancy is because i don't have anything else going for me currently and i don't see how if i do have any interest or want to explore a career change, if it's feasible to even do so at this point. I don't have commercial or any decent job so i guess the best thing to do is pursue accountancy. If i could change my degree, i would but it's too late for that now and i have to work with what i have. Only career change i can see possible is pursuing being a lawyer as the two intersect at some points but even then i don't see being a lawyer or even pursuing it any better in comparison to accountancy. if i do have any other interests, how do i look at what my options are?
Reply 12
I see apprenticeships for tax/audit and other accounting areas but they are not available at locations near to me. Also they're wanting 3 A-levels and are 3-4 year programs which i'm not wanting to do since the best route for me is to complete ACCA exams/get relevant job experience.
Reply 13
Original post by Octa122
I don't have any job experience or internships, only a degree. I'm currently looking around to see if i can find a job but i want to further a career in accounting and not sure what exactly to do. I have taken a look on indeed but have not found anything that doesn't require experience and other qualifications i don't have. If i can make 20-25k as a trainee and get funding for qualifications, that would be ideal but i don't see anything like this available to me at the moment on prospects or indeed.

Every job requires some sort of experience. Do you have non at all, be it super market, retail or even volunteer jobs? You're not going to find any job in accounting or finance that doesn't require experience.

If you genuinely want to go into accounting, then you could try to apply to some apprenticeship, though the salary will be very low. Another suggestion is starting as an admin, finance assistant to build up your skillset and then break into accounting after a few years.
Reply 14
Why did my post get declined? i replied to ajj2000 with a big post and it got sent into review and now declined? what the hell .. ??
Reply 15
Original post by kkboyk
Every job requires some sort of experience. Do you have non at all, be it super market, retail or even volunteer jobs? You're not going to find any job in accounting or finance that doesn't require experience.

If you genuinely want to go into accounting, then you could try to apply to some apprenticeship, though the salary will be very low. Another suggestion is starting as an admin, finance assistant to build up your skillset and then break into accounting after a few years.

I don't have any experience at all unfortunately. How do i get job experience in an accounting job if no accounting job is willing to take me? one cannot be done without the other, don't understand it. What do you mean by admin? what skills would i need and what job do i look at to find such a position?
Original post by Octa122
I don't have any experience at all unfortunately. How do i get job experience in an accounting job if no accounting job is willing to take me? one cannot be done without the other, don't understand it. What do you mean by admin? what skills would i need and what job do i look at to find such a position?

Could you give answers to questions people have asked previously. We need information in order to give advice.
Reply 17
Original post by Octa122

I've answered the question in bold already. The other questions can easily be answered by googling tbh. Not sure what you mean by "one cannot be done without the other".
Reply 18
Original post by ajj2000
Could you give answers to questions people have asked previously. We need information in order to give advice.

I wrote a big post answering all your questions but it went into "review" and now i got a message that the staff team have declined it. I have no idea why, or even how to contact staff here. Edit: i've made a thread in the ask staff section and waiting for a response on why it was removed. Took me a good while to write it so i think best to just wait and hope they don't revoke it.

Original post by kkboyk
I've answered the question in bold already. The other questions can easily be answered by googling tbh. Not sure what you mean by "one cannot be done without the other".

I mean that how is someone suppose to get accounting experience if all the jobs require experience? you can't get experience if the jobs require it? Apprenticeship is not osmething i want to do, it's for people who are coming out of college and usually the apprenticeships require A-levels, it's not the best route because of a few reasons, mainly i need to get relevant job experience and pay for exams so i can self-study as i take it that university route of completing ACCA exams are not available to me.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Octa122

I mean that how is someone suppose to get accounting experience if all the jobs require experience?

Every single person working in accounts got a job without experience.

you can't get experience if the jobs require it?

If they require it - you won't get the job. Others will not take that view.

Apprenticeship is not osmething i want to do, it's for people who are coming out of college and usually the apprenticeships require A-levels,

Apprenticeship is a generic word. Its also a term used where government regulations concerning pay rates and funding mechanisms apply. I recently looking into an apprenticeship for someone with a masters degree for example.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending