The Student Room Group

Uni or HNC

In a bit of a dilemma.

Went to Munich for work experience on Saturday (1st June). Was meant to stay in Munich for 2 weeks. Ended up staying for a week and coming back on Friday (7th June). This was because of the amount of meltdowns I had had on the public transport. I also hit my head and blacked out on the second day in and sprained my ankle on Wednesday. Felt very homesick too and got lost!
I also felt very anxious being in Munich as I didn't know the area.
The college and the teacher who went with us was very worried about me.
The teacher was only meant to stay with us for the first week so that we could get used to Munich and make sure we were all okay and do placement reviews and then we would be on our own for the second week. He was worried that something would happen to me and I'd get into trouble or hurt myself. After work, we were all meeting up with him to get food and talk about our day or any problems we had had. Because he wasn't going to be there for the second week he was worried that something would happen and I wouldn't tell him which meant that if the college found out he would be in trouble.
The decision was then made for me to cut the trip short and come home.

I'm meant to be going to Oxford Brookes university in September and now because of what happened in Munich I'm worried it's going to happen at Uni. I'm now in a dilemma about whether to go to Uni or do the HNC at the college I attend because I know the area and have loved the 2 years I have spent there already.

What do you guys think. I appreciate it is my decision but I just need a bit of advice!

Thanks for reading
Hey LucarioGeorge24,

Sorry to hear about your trip not going to plan. im a current 2nd Year Student at Brookes. I just thought id give you some information about support you can receive at Oxford Brookes, but please make sure that if you decide to come to university it is the in the best interest of your health and well-being. we have Student Welfare team who works with Well being colleagues and staff across the University to support students who are having difficulties functioning or continuing their studies for non-academic reasons. Here is a link to our well-being website where you can get in touch and see the resources available for students - https://www.brookes.ac.uk/students/wellbeing/. some resources involve councelling, e- learning and safe spaces.

I wish you all the best in your future choices and hope to maybe see you at Oxford Brookes one day :smile:

Charlotte
(Student Ambassador)
In a bit of a dilemma.

Went to Munich for work experience on Saturday (1st June). Was meant to stay in Munich for 2 weeks. Ended up staying for a week and coming back on Friday (7th June). This was because of the amount of meltdowns I had had on the public transport. I also hit my head and blacked out on the second day in and sprained my ankle on Wednesday. Felt very homesick too and got lost!
I also felt very anxious being in Munich as I didn't know the area.
The college and the teacher who went with us was very worried about me.
The teacher was only meant to stay with us for the first week so that we could get used to Munich and make sure we were all okay and do placement reviews and then we would be on our own for the second week. He was worried that something would happen to me and I'd get into trouble or hurt myself. After work, we were all meeting up with him to get food and talk about our day or any problems we had had. Because he wasn't going to be there for the second week he was worried that something would happen and I wouldn't tell him which meant that if the college found out he would be in trouble.
The decision was then made for me to cut the trip short and come home.

I'm meant to be going to Oxford Brookes university in September and now because of what happened in Munich I'm worried it's going to happen at Uni. I'm now in a dilemma about whether to go to Uni or do the HNC at the college I attend because I know the area and have loved the 2 years I have spent there already.

What do you guys think. I appreciate it is my decision but I just need a bit of advice!

Thanks for reading

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending