The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Physics Exam- 11th of June- Super Hard Questions.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hmm biology was hardest..additional science.. I think! *-)
Reply 61
I agree, Biology was a bitch. In fact, if you remember, it wasn't Biology, it was...erm, critical thinking...?...suggestive writing...anyhoo, it was a paper which was designed to discriminate between the "real" thinkers and the ordinary learners, right? :rolleyes:

Remember, you need 360/400 for an A* in UMS scoring. My harshest calculations suggest:

B2: 84 UMS
C2: 92 UMS
P2: 86 UMS
ISA: 100 UMS

Final: 362/400 a low end A*.
Reply 62
okay.. wow I'm on a B tho!
Reply 63
Original post by mikoe
Is this right: you don't need to learn any formulas for P2 (higher)? I heard they will be given to you (and we just rearrange them). Can someone clarify this for me?

yeah thats right but they wont give u the units. u need to know them off by heart
Reply 64
Original post by Ahmed_7
An ice skater of mass 60kg travelling at a velocity of 3.0m/s bumps into a stationary child skater of mass 30kg on the ice and they move together after the collision.

A: Calculate the momentum of the ice skater before the collision.
B: Show that the ice skater and the child skater moved at a velocity of 2.0m/s after the collision.

(I stole this from AQA's activity sheet :tongue:)

60 * 30 = 180kgm/s - momentum of the adult -> momentum is conserved after collision -> 180kgm/s but the total mass changes to 60 + 30 -> 90 -> final speed after collision = momentum / total mass -> 180 / 90 = 2m/s
Original post by Aaron_1507
Haha if you got it well down i just searched on google 'hard physics quesitons' :biggrin: Sorry :cool:

Same loll
its been so many years hmm

Quick Reply

Latest