The Student Room Group

New anatomy teaching app?

I am a 4th medical student, and I have been thinking about developing a resource, maybe in the form of an app, that would help other medical students learn their anatomy. I’ve never done anything like this before, and naturally, I had a few questions to ask. First, where can I get free anatomy pictures (blank and labelled) that I can use? Or would I have to draw them out myself? Second, what resources would be best for me to use, and how can I reference them?
In terms of anatomy pics, drawing them yourself would definitely remove any potential copyright / quality issues. However you would have to ensure accuracy and detail. Otherwise, what I know Wikipedia does is to use the 1918 edition of Gray's Anatomy as its copyright has ended. However, you are stuck with what they have (in terms of labelling, views, etc.). Certain terminology or structures may have also changed since then which you would need to highlight accordingly.

In terms of resources, since you're trying to help others, why not showcase what you personally use to learn anatomy? Ultimately, there are many resources out there (free and paid) as it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending