Ask a Current Student (Study at Aberdeen University) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys

I'm a Sociology undergrad at the University of Aberdeen and I recently created an Instagram account where I do regular Q&As to answer any questions prospective students might have The Insta handle is: @studyataberdeen

The questions are mostly in regard to student life, accommodation, and the city itself.
I created this Instagram account because I personally would have loved the opportunity to ask a current student questions about what it's like to study at the University of Aberdeen.

I also post pictures of the University of Aberdeen and the city of Aberdeen, plus I do second-hand textbook sales and tell you a bit about the courses at Aberdeen uni

If you have any questions at all regarding Aberdeen, feel free to send me a direct message on Instagram or wait for my next Q&A
The Instagram handle is @studyataberdeen .

I really love to help, so I'd love to hear from you

Cheers!
Rockgirl2018
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, anynoymous.

I dont have Instagram, but as a student, how hard was it to find (if you have) a part time job? Do you have any suggestions for looking for one?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Rockgirl2018)
Hi, anynoymous.

I dont have Instagram, but as a student, how hard was it to find (if you have) a part time job? Do you have any suggestions for looking for one?
It’s really easy many shops are looking for sales assistants, especially those in union square or the other malls.
There are always lots of part time positions available (15-20 hours a week).

I recommend looking online first, but generally you can just print out your CV and hand it to the people in the shop it’s really casual which is amazing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    Medicine Only Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Jun '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Aug '20
  • University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Oct '20

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.28%
They might tell the bully (26)
9.96%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.09%
It might lead to more bullying (95)
36.4%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.27%

Watched Threads