The Student Room Group

Anxious

I’ve been struggling with anxiety since I was around 7 years old, I’m now 14 and recently had to leave school because of the anxiety, I’m now going to a collage for 14 - 16 year olds but I’m honestly terrified of making new friends and I don’t know what to do everything is getting too much and I just don’t wanna be a loner at collage or not fit in, I just want it to be okay
Reply 1
Does the new college know what you struggle with? If they are made aware they can put support in place to deal with absences, exam arrangements, certain situations that add to anxiety etc., and that's a major issue off your plate. Making friends is one of those things that is harder the more you think about it - just start to make conversation about what's going on at various points in lessons, find other new students or students that know what it's like to join a new school. There are always people who want to make sure new students are happy and not alone, and I promise you if you just get to know a few people in lessons you'll gradually end up forming a group of friends you fit in with. Good luck!
Original post by Luciddreams__
I’ve been struggling with anxiety since I was around 7 years old, I’m now 14 and recently had to leave school because of the anxiety, I’m now going to a collage for 14 - 16 year olds but I’m honestly terrified of making new friends and I don’t know what to do everything is getting too much and I just don’t wanna be a loner at collage or not fit in, I just want it to be okay

Quick Reply

Latest