The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Someone at college told me that the exam board post them to your house about a week before the 21st. Then you go into school/college to get the certificates on the 21st!? I've never heard this before......she is probably wrong. :wink:
Emmalouise1990
Someone at college told me that the exam board post them to your house about a week before the 21st. Then you go into school/college to get the certificates on the 21st!? I've never heard this before......she is probably wrong. :wink:

the school get sent them in some cases WAY before the 21st.... but we have to wait till then to get provisional results. Then sometime in late november / early december you get the certificates and confirmed results.

(when i say provisional results, they very rarely change...)
Reply 182
Ruminator
the school get sent them in some cases WAY before the 21st.... but we have to wait till then to get provisional results. Then sometime in late november / early december you get the certificates and confirmed results.

(when i say provisional results, they very rarely change...)

Still some people try for remarks, especially if they were near the grade boundaries.You are right though, many don't change :frown:
Reply 183
MangoTango
I panicked and wrote a load of rubbish, if what you wrote in note form makes sense and is relevant, you will get credit for it. And anyway, your coursework will pull you up a grade.

I hope so:confused: :frown: :rolleyes:
For what reasons would they change?
Reply 185
What time are you guys going into school? because my school says 10am.. I wanted it earlier, I always wake early, like half six, so I'll be waiting around, absolutely shaking with nerves for 3 hours... ahh...
Oh fudgehooks..:rolleyes:
I've just remembered our school usually publishes the results in the local paper

:/
Reply 187
Melting Sugar.
Oh fudgehooks..:rolleyes:
I've just remembered our school usually publishes the results in the local paper

:/

individual results? thats harsh
V1NY
individual results? thats harsh

Yeah :frown: but they use a special code where they put each persons name followed by letters like 1111222222 or whatever where 1 = A*-A and 2 = B-C and 3=D or below if I can remember correctly.. :rolleyes:

eeek.. I wish I hadn't remembered.. oh well...
do ur teachers get to see ur actual exam papers
Who cares?

They're just GCSEs, I don't give a damn.
We care, evidently...
Good for you.

Personally, I'd rather wait until the start of year 12 before I care about anything.
Reply 193
Teachers don't see the papers unless you pay to see them, but I think you can see them on Ed excels online web results - Results Plus, but I'm not sure.

I hope our school won't make our results public!!!
Our school publishes how many A* - C passes we all get so mine will be A. Walley 13.5 for example, but there's all the different schools in there which do the same so it doesn't really bother me :smile:
i am very very nervous about the a-level results day only 54 days to go:eek:
i was actually so worried that i had done badly in my geogrpahy AQA(B) module 1 exam i made an appointment to see my teacher to go over the exam and it made me feel a little better :smile:

however my business studies teacher decided to do a post mortem on the exam we did and it made the whole class feel terrible:mad:

i really want to get the following grades
AQA(B) geogrpahy- module 1-A, module 2-B (the exam went badly), module 3-A
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
OCR Business studies- Module 1-B, module 2-A, module 3-B
:biggrin:
AQA media- module 1-A module 2-A module 3-B
:biggrin:
Reply 196
lol, a post mortem :biggrin:
Does Year 10 also get their results on that day for Core Sciences and Additional Sciences?
Reply 198
I don't think we officially do but my physics teacher said he's gonna send us all letters containing our results in all the sciences :biggrin:
Looking forward to results day, still 2 months away though

Latest