The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Entry Requirements

The sixth form which I want to go to asks for 5 grade 5s as their entry requirements. Pre-results day nerves are getting at me and I'm wondering how would a sixth form generally respond to an applicant not meeting the requirements? Would there possibly be another route for me to take or will I straight up be rejected? This college is the most beneficial for me as it's closest, has consistently high A-Level results and great extracurricular activities.
Reply 1
Original post by gracekatlin
The sixth form which I want to go to asks for 5 grade 5s as their entry requirements. Pre-results day nerves are getting at me and I'm wondering how would a sixth form generally respond to an applicant not meeting the requirements? Would there possibly be another route for me to take or will I straight up be rejected? This college is the most beneficial for me as it's closest, has consistently high A-Level results and great extracurricular activities.

Hey, why are you worrying what were your predicteds or did you feel the exams went badly? I would expect if you didn't reach it yoy would need to reroute to another with lower entry requirements or look at college courses. Did you apply/ look elseware? 6th forms are generally strict on 5 5's as it would likely be hard for you to pass your A- levels if you are not at this levels and better 6th forms are more likely to have this limit as they want passes and there is a limit to who can do well at A-level. But don't doubt yourself I'm sure you did fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending