The Student Room Group

So stressed for results day

im so stresseddd, especially after seeing the A level grade boundaries i feel like im gonna get average grades when i want 7-9, now that i think about it i didn't do well on the science papers.. and english lang was just sad for me what do i do there's only 4 days
it’s very normal to be stressed for results day. I remember when I was in your position last year, I’d try and occupy my mind as much as possible - even if it was trying to make myself stress about something else lol.
Maybe try to find a good tv show to binge watch for the next few days?
good luck!!
Original post by megan_xay
im so stresseddd, especially after seeing the A level grade boundaries i feel like im gonna get average grades when i want 7-9, now that i think about it i didn't do well on the science papers.. and english lang was just sad for me what do i do there's only 4 days

Hi @megan_xay,

I'm sorry to hear this and completely understand how you are feeling during the time of getting my results for GCSE's and A-Levels I was rather stressed.

However, you can't do anything now, your exams are done and unfortunately it is just a waiting game. Maybe to calm some of your nerves look into what is required for the different subjects you want to do for A-Levels I find they are usually just the passing of a subject. However, for mine I didn't get the maths grade required to do computer science as an A-Level and still got accepted onto studying that so sometimes it doesn't stop you for doing what you want.

I would say upon the build up for results day just do things that you enjoy and can keep your mind off of it such as watching a film or new series, seeing friends.

Hope it all goes well and good luck! :smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Reply 3
Hi,
I was in your position two years ago when our grades were teacher assessed. I remember how stressed I was and now I have received my A-level grades. I agree that some people didn't get the grades they worked for but the majority did and managed to get into their firm university. I know this is easier said than done but don't worry, GCSE feel daunting now but once they're over barely anyone will ask you about them and they won't feel like a big deal anymore. I'm speaking from experience as I experienced the same thing you did but I had no clue what grades I would get as we didn't sit exams. What is done is done and all you can do now is stay positive as you can't change anything. I wish you all the best and I'm sure you did great :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest