The Student Room Group

Cambridge offer missed on results day

I've received an offer to study English at Cambridge and I need A*AA in English, Psychology and Chemistry. I'm quite the pessimist and with results day coming up all I can think about is how badly my Chemistry paper 1 and 3 went. I'm worried I won't meet my offer and I was wondering if there's still a chance of acceptance given how my degree choice isn't closely related to Chemistry. Has anyone else been in this sort of situation before? What should I do in the event I am rejected?
My insurance is Warwick with a contextual offer of ABB, but what should I do if I am unable to meet that also? Just a tad paranoid about this results day as it determines what I end up doing next year, GCSE and AS level results days were never this terrifying.
Original post by danimototo
I've received an offer to study English at Cambridge and I need A*AA in English, Psychology and Chemistry. I'm quite the pessimist and with results day coming up all I can think about is how badly my Chemistry paper 1 and 3 went. I'm worried I won't meet my offer and I was wondering if there's still a chance of acceptance given how my degree choice isn't closely related to Chemistry. Has anyone else been in this sort of situation before? What should I do in the event I am rejected?
My insurance is Warwick with a contextual offer of ABB, but what should I do if I am unable to meet that also? Just a tad paranoid about this results day as it determines what I end up doing next year, GCSE and AS level results days were never this terrifying.

I'd recommend having a read of the first post in the following thread. The flow chart is especially useful in explaining what will happen on results day.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7368672

You'd have to drop quite a way to miss the Warwick offer, so I think at this point just best to familiarise yourself with that first post so you know how a couple of scenarios might play out. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
I don't think you'll like this advice but I highly recommend you chill out and do some stuff you enjoy for the next few days! There is literally nothing you can do about any of it now, so you just have to wait, nerve-wracking as it is.

The flow chart mentioned above is really useful for the mechanics of what to do if you miss your offer(s), but spending the next three days agonising over what (at the moment) is just a mere possibility will not help you.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
hi, sorry i can’t help you with your situation i’m also stressing out w a similar fear lol but i was wondering could i pm u with some questions? i’ve also got an offer for english and i was just wondering how prepared you feel, etc. and that kind of thing.
Reply 4
Original post by ionlysaid
hi, sorry i can’t help you with your situation i’m also stressing out w a similar fear lol but i was wondering could i pm u with some questions? i’ve also got an offer for english and i was just wondering how prepared you feel, etc. and that kind of thing.

yeah ofc you can, I'm not entirely sure how to pm on here, I've never done that before, but if u send me a message I'll be sure to reply
Reply 5
Original post by fedora34
I don't think you'll like this advice but I highly recommend you chill out and do some stuff you enjoy for the next few days! There is literally nothing you can do about any of it now, so you just have to wait, nerve-wracking as it is.

The flow chart mentioned above is really useful for the mechanics of what to do if you miss your offer(s), but spending the next three days agonising over what (at the moment) is just a mere possibility will not help you.

yeah no you're absolutely right, it's just a lot easier said than done. I've buried myself with work and gym for the past week which helped me not think too much, but today and yesterday were my days off so it's all i've thought about, tried hanging out with friends, playing video games and skating which is what i usually enjoy, but it didn't really help. Just gotta firm the next two days, and hope I can firm it on results day too (pun not intended).
Original post by danimototo

Hello! We've written a results day FAQ specifically for Cambridge applicants. You can find it here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7384373&p=98707391#post98707391

Hope this helps, but let me know if you have any more questions :smile:
Reply 7
I hope things went OK for you on results day.
Reply 8
(Original post by emmathehat)I hope things went OK for you on results day.

thank you, results day went well, I got the grades I wanted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending