The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AxelB
Hey! If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to send me the personal statement you used when applying? Atm I'm finding it hard to start writing my personal statement and am not sure how to tackle it.

Yeah of course DM me and I’ll email it over :smile: it’s not perfect btw but might help with the writing process
Good luck today everyone :biggrin: whether it’s good news or not please feel free to DM me or post on here and share how you’re feeling!

For those who don’t know me: I’m a current BM6 student. Just finished intercalating and going into my 4th year :smile:
I got 3As on results day but can i switch from the Foundation course to the normal medicine course at Southampton University

Thanks
Original post by shabbymatt
I got 3As on results day but can i switch from the Foundation course to the normal medicine course at Southampton University

Thanks

So, just to clarify - you have an offer for Southampton BM6 and wanted to switch to BM5?

It's unlikely to be possible. Med schools have strict quotas for their places. If you asked this morning there may have been a very, very, very tiny chance. Asking tomorrow? Much less likely.

Post originally created by ecolier.
Did anyone get an offer with one grade lower
Original post by shabbymatt

Thanks

Congrats on the great results :smile:

I don’t speak for admissions but I doubt this would be possible. In my BM6 cohort, there were people with 3As and 1A*2As.

You have applied for a specific programme at the medical school. Each programme has a number of students allowed. Besides, it’s only one extra year and then you’re on the “Bm5 programme” anyway

You’re going to med school. Celebrate that!
Original post by Liverpool191091
Did anyone get an offer with one grade lower

The BM6 programme already had reduced entry requirements to take into account the socioeconomic disadvantages students may have. It’s not usual to have reduced entry offers. They may decide to accept a Lower grade on results day but that’s on a case by case basis.

If you’re an applicant, you shouldn’t apply with lower and hope they’ll make an exception. You still need to make the minimum. If you have an offer, have you got a lower offer?
Original post by MedicalMuffins
The BM6 programme already had reduced entry requirements to take into account the socioeconomic disadvantages students may have. It’s not usual to have reduced entry offers. They may decide to accept a Lower grade on results day but that’s on a case by case basis.

If you’re an applicant, you shouldn’t apply with lower and hope they’ll make an exception. You still need to make the minimum. If you have an offer, have you got a lower offer?

I had an offer this’d year but I got Acc and got rejected but I’m appealing and might still get ABC is it likely they’ll let me in as does ABC equal BBB and rap if they let in people yesterday with one grade lower and UCAS has said unis have to be more leiniant
Anyone on the BM6 heading to Southampton without knowing anyone there? 😬 same boat
Original post by cherry1011
Anyone on the BM6 heading to Southampton without knowing anyone there? 😬 same boat

Hi what a level grades did you get if you don't mind me asking
Original post by Liverpool191091
Hi what a level grades did you get if you don't mind me asking

Np I got AAB
Original post by cherry1011

Loooooooool I’m on the same boat right now 😂😂
For anyone who is waiting for a place after CAGs we’re used: did you get an email from the Uni on the 21st? With a form to fill out?
Is there anyone who applied to the BM6 course for 2020 and got deferred to 2021 ?
Reply 334
Original post by niromedic
Is there anyone who applied to the BM6 course for 2020 and got deferred to 2021 ?

Im still waiting for the uni to get back to me. Have you been deferred? And have they said you need to do oct exams
Original post by 02nh
Im still waiting for the uni to get back to me. Have you been deferred? And have they said you need to do oct exams

I got an email yesterday saying that I got deferred to 2021 entry and as far as I know I don’t have to sit exams. Have you got your minimum entry requirements?
Original post by niromedic

Yh got qn email yesterday I got BBC and said if I do the exams and get the grades I can start in 2021
Original post by Rima_Valeska18
Yh got qn email yesterday I got BBC and said if I do the exams and get the grades I can start in 2021

Me too
Original post by MedicalMuffins
Heyy I can’t paste my PS bit more than happy to email it over :smile:

Southampton do not use SJT into account

Hi, I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering if you could answer a question that I have since you are the only bm6 student I could find on student room. In the 3 question form I just received, I am asked to explain why the bm6 program is right for me. Should I also talk about how being a widening participation student this program would open doors for me or should I strictly stick to only talking about the course structure, location etc. And if you are comfortable with it are you willing to email me answers you wrote in your form ( I won't copy them I just want to see what not to write) if not that complete fine.
Original post by afuturemed
Hi, I know this is a very old thread but I was wondering if you could answer a question that I have since you are the only bm6 student I could find on student room. In the 3 question form I just received, I am asked to explain why the bm6 program is right for me. Should I also talk about how being a widening participation student this program would open doors for me or should I strictly stick to only talking about the course structure, location etc. And if you are comfortable with it are you willing to email me answers you wrote in your form ( I won't copy them I just want to see what not to write) if not that complete fine.

Of course, I will send you my answers on your email of the form I submitted. Will dm you now.

Latest

Trending

Trending