The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
You need to bring your own ethernet cable (you can buy them here if you need to) but internet is provided in all the campus rooms included in rent. It is broadband but I think it's capped at 100mb...kb... lol sorry, I'm not too hot on units. You aren't allowed to connect more than one thing at a time in your port. IT services will help you out with stuff if you ask them. Hope that was helpful!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Reet, I have no idea what an ethernet cable is - but I'm sure my dad will. Is it just the random internet cable thing? (We've had a wireless internet router at home for so long now that I've pretty much forgotten any other way) Lols, don't worry about the unit thing - I don't really understand it, either! As long as it's not dial-up speed, or anything.

Thankyou for your help - very much appreciated! :smile:
You need a cable like this:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130629

Can get them for £2-3 on campus :smile:

It's not dial up :wink:
Reply 4
^^ Oh, a 'phone line thing... okay, yeah, makes sense! :smile:

Wahey - 'cause I'm a bit of an internet-whore. :wink:

Muchos gracias!
the internet sucks,they pool your connection amongst your housemates.
Reply 6
Would it work if you just brought your wireless card thingy...? Hahaha I'm pretty oblivious to how wireless works..
Reply 7
p0opy
Would it work if you just brought your wireless card thingy...? Hahaha I'm pretty oblivious to how wireless works..

you don't have wireless in halls. you might be able to reach a hotspot from certain halls but generally you can't.

but it's worth bringing a wireless dongle for places throughout campus where there is wireless :smile:
I'm going to connect wired, but i'm getting one of these babies anyway: http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

You can connect to the net with a cable, and have that on in the background so you can print off stuff wirelessly and stream your music to proper speakers :p:

Alternatively you can plug the ethernet into that and create a wireless network.. however.. it's against the ToC of the IT department if i read correctly - so probably best not to use it for that :p:
Reply 9
dan
you don't have wireless in halls. you might be able to reach a hotspot from certain halls but generally you can't.

but it's worth bringing a wireless dongle for places throughout campus where there is wireless :smile:

Ah okay, a bit uncovenient but makes things simpler. Thanks!

Latest