The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Passing all modules but Failing one resit module

I am really worried, i have passed all my modules at Coventry uni but i had a resit yesterday but i am scared if i fail that what happens. Do i retake the module with my 2nd modules so basically carry on with 2nd year as normal but retake the module i failed alongside 2nd year modules or will i have to resit the one module for a whole year again so basically using a whole year for one exam and if so will i need to pay 9k student finance again? I really need help.
Original post by Ae1999
I am really worried, i have passed all my modules at Coventry uni but i had a resit yesterday but i am scared if i fail that what happens. Do i retake the module with my 2nd modules so basically carry on with 2nd year as normal but retake the module i failed alongside 2nd year modules or will i have to resit the one module for a whole year again so basically using a whole year for one exam and if so will i need to pay 9k student finance again? I really need help.

These are the rules look at chapter 5 and 6.
https://livecoventryac.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/externalstudentdocuments/ETPYWHyMD3hJpVXiVGlhSKIBB3wbO9nCRln9Ouyyr84pCQ?rtime=Haaxr2v-1kg
I have only scanned them.

To progress you have to pass all modules.
If you are close they can condone you.
If you have failed the resit then its their discretion but it may be a retake i.e either sit the course again or just turn up for the exam.

It will count as one year of student finance if they pay any money but its likely they will charge just for that course. Might be worth asking if you pay yourself whether that can prevent a years finance being used. This might be so if its just a resit.

Go and see a student advisor in the su or ask the department. It may be they just have discretion. If they say retake one course for a resit in the summer I would consider dumping the course and starting a degree through clearing.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
My friend failed one module then also failed the resit. He had to do a fourth year just for another one module to replace it and get his degree. He had to pay for it with the fourth year of student finance allowance.

As you are in second year, you could probably take the module alongside third year modules. If you aren't allowed to progress without passing you'll have to do an extra year in your degree.
Reply 3
I am in first year going to second year but domt know of iveI passed the exam. So will thst mean i retake the term so oay stufest finance just for thst rermor module and not for the whole year. I just hope that i am close amd they can condone me or let me just retske it with 2nd year modules
Original post by OddOnes
My friend failed one module then also failed the resit. He had to do a fourth year just for another one module to replace it and get his degree. He had to pay for it with the fourth year of student finance allowance.

As you are in second year, you could probably take the module alongside third year modules. If you aren't allowed to progress without passing you'll have to do an extra year in your degree.
Reply 4
I hope the condone me and let me carry on, but i thought it's just finance for the term/module and not for the whole year as i i just need to retake one exam. Im awaiting an email back for my course director

Original post by 999tigger)
These are the rules look at chapter 5 and 6.
https://livecoventryac.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/externalstudentdocuments/ETPYWHyMD3hJpVXiVGlhSKIBB3wbO9nCRln9Ouyyr84pCQ?rtime=Haaxr2v-1kg
I have only scanned them.

To progress you have to pass all modules.
If you are close they can condone you.
If you have failed the resit then its their discretion but it may be a retake i.e either sit the course again or just turn up for the exam.

It will count as one year of student finance if they pay any money but its likely they will charge just for that course. Might be worth asking if you pay yourself whether that can prevent a years finance being used. This might be so if its just a resit.

Go and see a student advisor in the su or ask the department. It may be they just have discretion. If they say retake one course for a resit in the summer I would consider dumping the course and starting a degree through clearing.
Hey what happened I’ve had the same thing my grades show I’ve passed all modules but I had to still do a resit of one exam I didn’t hand in. I had issues and my resit was submitted one minute late so I don’t know if failing the resit will mean I’ve failed the whole year or if it won’t matter as I’ve got over the pass mark without it..?

Quick Reply

Latest