The Student Room Group

What happens if I fail one exam? UNI 1st year

I failed one math exam (i got 30%, not meeting the 40% pass mark) and it is worth 25% of my module. My last quiz I got 60% and my final exam is worth 50%. My Uni is not helping me I can't find anywhere on their handbook about what happens if you fail, I heard there are resits but I haven't heard any of my Tutors or Lectures talking about it. Can I progress into the 2nd term with such a low grade? BTW my uni is SOAS, would appreciate it if anyone has experience from this.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
I failed one math exam (i got 30%, not meeting the 40% pass mark) and it is worth 25% of my module. My last quiz I got 60% and my final exam is worth 50%. My Uni is not helping me I can't find anywhere on their handbook about what happens if you fail, I heard there are resits but I haven't heard any of my Tutors or Lectures talking about it. Can I progress into the 2nd term with such a low grade? BTW my uni is SOAS, would appreciate it if anyone has experience from this.

It depends on the regulations.

You might need to get a pass mark on each component of the module to pass the module overall; but that isn't always the case -- in general you just need to get an overall pass for the module.

If you fail a module you are normally given a chance to do a resit in the summer (i.e. during the summer vacation). This may or may not be in the same format as the original assessment that was failed.

I think it's very unlikely that failing part of one module would result in you not being allowed to progress into the second term -- decisions about progression are normally taken at the end of the academic year.

Perhaps have a chat with your personal tutor if you're particularly concerned.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending