The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Archangel's Kiss
Violet is a beautiful name, one of my closest friend's name is Violetta.. Pretty close but still :smile:
Your name is Hero.. What does it mean?! I mean, does it mean like, being a Hero?!

lol can you not read? Hero is a name she'd like to call her daughter, it's not her name.
Reply 81
Archangel's Kiss
Violet is a beautiful name, one of my closest friend's name is Violetta.. Pretty close but still :smile:
Your name is Hero.. What does it mean?!

Ahem, Hero isn't my name, lol. It's a name I would love to name a daughter one day, lol.
Hero is a greek mythological name as featured in the tragic love story of Hero & Lysander, it was later used in the Shakespearian comedy - Much Ado About Nothing.

Thanks for the interest! Most people find the idea of naming your daughter Hero insane.:smile:
urbandervish
Norfolk! Adam, 'Gingerblokey' sounds a bit crass :p:

I thought it was cool when I first started using web forums .. when I was 12. I kind of regret registering EVERYTHING to that name. So now my email address, MySpace, forum titles, BBC membership and so on. Gah.
Kalashnikov just sort of ended up as my nickname years ago. Probably because of my love for the gun.

My real name is Ali.
Gaming name from around 6 or so years ago. My friend had the name 'comet' so I wanted to have something to do with space too... I was too cool back then.
Muppety_Kid
Katie Melua?

Wondered if there was a connection for a while :biggrin:

Nope, by Feeder :smile:
eveyhammond
v for vendetta, the character played by natalie portman :smile:
she's awwwesome.

YUP! AMAZING!
Mine clearly comes from my Mac fandom + René Descartes' quotation "Cogito, ergo sum". I was pretty pleased when I thought it up - I reckon it's dead clever :P
It may be a bit sad, but the name's stuck now and I'm proud of my online identity so I use it everywhere. If I google myself (yes I have done that), all the results are me. It's great to have a unique name :biggrin:

I don't understand all the people saying they wanted to be anonymous on this site. Why? If you've made a name for yourself under one identity, why not keep it here too?
Reply 88
Plural of my own name.
Happy Holidays is the title of a Blink 182 song that I just happened to be listening to when asked to make a username years ago and I've just kept using it ever since (or at least in various ways).
Reply 90
Freud both one of the best living British artists and the most famous psychologist. I like to think it gives me permission to read into people's posts and work out who has penis envy etc.
Absinth
I don't particularly remember...

Quite relevant to absinthe, too.
Reply 92
Myboyfs nickname for me, also what my little sister calls me when she wants something=p
Opening lyrics from the best song ever.
Kalashnikov
Kalashnikov just sort of ended up as my nickname years ago. Probably because of my love for the gun.

My real name is Ali.

Isn't it "Kalashinkov".. the name of some dectator or polititian.. or someone really 'evil'?!
(Not sure at all! & ignore the spelling! :s-smilie:)

Hala Ali!
Flight of the Conchords! :smile:
Reply 96
CatBee

My first name is Catriona, hence Cat

My surname is Bryson, hence Bee (just a simple B wouldnt do) :biggrin:

Boring story....lol
Its a lyric from my favourite song, simple as.
mine has been a nickname for ages coz im blonde n i keep ppl warm :biggrin: or it cud be that im a warm hearted person :s-smilie: lol dont really no x
A friend once said i was all multicoloured, like a soap bubble, and that was the first thing that came to my head when i was signing up.

Latest

Trending

Trending