The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Teacher Training

Hello everyone,

I haven’t found any Facebook groups or forums on here for those with PGCE/Teacher Training offers at University of Manchester so thought I would create one!

Feel free to post below what kind of Teacher Training you are doing and hopefully everyone can talk to answer any unanswered questions🤗
Reply 1
PGCE Secondary History
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
PGCE Primary with QTS. I felt the 2020s application process has been much more lenient eg no skills test and no face to face interviews.

Slightly concerned whether to go ahead with the course as I have MH issues and I like to be in control when it comes to commuting so I am fully aware University can allocate a placement up to 90 minutes. Issue with the School Direct providers would be I would still have to commute for University (have been advised car pool may be an option).

What made you decide on University of Manchester? I have read it doesn't matter which University you do a PGCE? Is that right?
(edited 3 years ago)
Just completed PGCE secondary chemistry at the uni of Manchester and just want to say, if you’re thinking of doing a science PGCE there, DO IT. Best experience I’ve ever had. I’ve heard so many negative stories about the pgce I was worried but the support and love from the course teachers was amazing.
Original post by A sheesh
Just completed PGCE secondary chemistry at the uni of Manchester and just want to say, if you’re thinking of doing a science PGCE there, DO IT. Best experience I’ve ever had. I’ve heard so many negative stories about the pgce I was worried but the support and love from the course teachers was amazing.

Hi! I am actually currently deciding on whether to go to Roehampton for primary education (with qts) or to go to Manchester Uni for Education (which I will then have to do PGCE) but I am not sure because I really want to go to Manchester but I have heard PGCE is extremely hard and so many other negative things about it as well. Would you please be able to give me some advice/tell me more about how it went? Is it just as hard & does it actually take over your life?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending