The Student Room Group

Teacher training funding after an MMath

Hi - I'm a final year PhD student hoping to do teacher training next year. My question is about tuition fee loans. I did a four year undergraduate masters (MMath), so I have already had four years worth of tuition fee loans - am I still able to get an additional year for my teacher training? Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi there. Could you please confirm the full name of the new course, university, full-time or part-time, start date and length of course? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there. Could you please confirm the full name of the new course, university, full-time or part-time, start date and length of course? Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah,

I am just starting the application process, so I’m not completely sure on the full name or university yet. I just wanted to get an idea of what funding would be available before I make a decision. It would be a one year initial teacher training course for secondary Mathematics, full-time, starting in September 2024.

Thanks,
Lauren
Original post by Lh115
Hi Leah,

I am just starting the application process, so I’m not completely sure on the full name or university yet. I just wanted to get an idea of what funding would be available before I make a decision. It would be a one year initial teacher training course for secondary Mathematics, full-time, starting in September 2024.

Thanks,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

We would prefer to know the course details so we can look them up on the database to see if you would be eligible. DO you already hold Qualified Teacher Status?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Hi Drew,

No, I do not have QTS yet. I am looking to start an initial teacher training course, and trying to understand my funding options.

Incase it’s helpful, a course that I may choose to apply for would be the following:
University of Manchester
Mathematics (G1X1)
[start]Postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) with qualified teacher status (QTS)[/start]

Best,
Lauren
Original post by Lh115
Hi Drew,

No, I do not have QTS yet. I am looking to start an initial teacher training course, and trying to understand my funding options.

Incase it’s helpful, a course that I may choose to apply for would be the following:
University of Manchester
Mathematics (G1X1)
[start]Postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) with qualified teacher status (QTS)[/start]

Best,
Lauren

Hi Lauren,

As you do not have Qualified Teacher Status and the course is less than 2 years then you would be eligible for full funding. This is classed as an exception course and you would be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable to you.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending