NHS job says still pending.. shall I take it as a no?

Watch
Missjgyp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi everyone, I had an interview last Friday and it went really well. they said they will get back to me yesterday (Tuesday) about the outcome regardless but I haven't heard anything? my application still says decision pending.. what does that mean? anyone employed by NHS can give me an idea of their experience?
thank you!
Advertisement
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Missjgyp)
hi everyone, I had an interview last Friday and it went really well. they said they will get back to me yesterday (Tuesday) about the outcome regardless but I haven't heard anything? my application still says decision pending.. what does that mean? anyone employed by NHS can give me an idea of their experience?
thank you!
It just means they haven't made a decision yet. There are all sorts of things that can hold up a decision on a recruitment, and delays are quite common, especially in a large, bureaucratic organisation like the NHS.

If you have been given a very clear, decision date, and no decision comes through on that date, it can also mean that they've made an offer to someone else and are waiting for them to decide, but they are holding you in case the first candidate rejects the offer, so you've still got a chance. in that case, you can wait a week or so and still may get good news.
Missjgyp
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
It just means they haven't made a decision yet. There are all sorts of things that can hold up a decision on a recruitment, and delays are quite common, especially in a large, bureaucratic organisation like the NHS.

If you have been given a very clear, decision date, and no decision comes through on that date, it can also mean that they've made an offer to someone else and are waiting for them to decide, but they are holding you in case the first candidate rejects the offer, so you've still got a chance. in that case, you can wait a week or so and still may get good news.
Thank you 😊 hopefully I've still got a chance. it's been a week now shall I email them?
Advertisement
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Missjgyp)
Thank you 😊 hopefully I've still got a chance. it's been a week now shall I email them?
I wouldn't until after lunch next Monday - maybe one of the decision making team is on leave this week?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (4)
10.26%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (8)
20.51%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (19)
48.72%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (5)
12.82%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
7.69%

Watched Threads