The Student Room Group

NHS job says still pending.. shall I take it as a no?

hi everyone, I had an interview last Friday and it went really well. they said they will get back to me yesterday (Tuesday) about the outcome regardless but I haven't heard anything? my application still says decision pending.. what does that mean? anyone employed by NHS can give me an idea of their experience?
thank you!
Original post by Missjgyp
hi everyone, I had an interview last Friday and it went really well. they said they will get back to me yesterday (Tuesday) about the outcome regardless but I haven't heard anything? my application still says decision pending.. what does that mean? anyone employed by NHS can give me an idea of their experience?
thank you!

It just means they haven't made a decision yet. There are all sorts of things that can hold up a decision on a recruitment, and delays are quite common, especially in a large, bureaucratic organisation like the NHS.

If you have been given a very clear, decision date, and no decision comes through on that date, it can also mean that they've made an offer to someone else and are waiting for them to decide, but they are holding you in case the first candidate rejects the offer, so you've still got a chance. in that case, you can wait a week or so and still may get good news.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
It just means they haven't made a decision yet. There are all sorts of things that can hold up a decision on a recruitment, and delays are quite common, especially in a large, bureaucratic organisation like the NHS.

If you have been given a very clear, decision date, and no decision comes through on that date, it can also mean that they've made an offer to someone else and are waiting for them to decide, but they are holding you in case the first candidate rejects the offer, so you've still got a chance. in that case, you can wait a week or so and still may get good news.

Thank you 😊 hopefully I've still got a chance. it's been a week now shall I email them?
Thank you 😊 hopefully I've still got a chance. it's been a week now shall I email them?

I wouldn't until after lunch next Monday - maybe one of the decision making team is on leave this week?
Reply 4

Hello,
I’m in the same situation now as you were year 2019, it’s exactly 1 week now after my interview and my portal page is still “decision pending” pls how many weeks after did they get back to you? And was it successful?
Reply 5
Original post by Ade4065
Hello,
I’m in the same situation now as you were year 2019, it’s exactly 1 week now after my interview and my portal page is still “decision pending” pls how many weeks after did they get back to you? And was it successful?

The OP hasn't been on this site for a year...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending