The Student Room Group

Am I the only one terrified over my Edexcel maths result?

I took the much talked about Edexcel maths papers and I found them really difficult and I don't think I've done well at all (a B would be very optimistic), and I need an A for my university that I really want to go to. They aren't a very lenient university either so I am really devastated. I worked hard for the exams and left some questions blank or didn't know how to do quite a few of them. I think my other 2 A levels have gone fine and I am ok with them, but for maths I am in great danger of not getting the grade and having to go through clearing as a result. Is anyone else in this position?
From what I gather, a lot of people are in the same boat as you in terms of the Edexcel maths papers this year. It was tough for what seems the majority of people.
It sounds most likely you’ll get a B - sorry, but it seems you won’t be going to the university of our dreams
Yes, paper 2 was horrific. I practiced so hard for maths and thought it would be good... now it’s the one I’m most dreading. I’m hoping for a B and then if I get As in my other two subjects it’ll all be fine
Original post by Wellnowhe
It sounds most likely you’ll get a B - sorry, but it seems you won’t be going to the university of our dreams

Well I hope they've made the grade boundaries low as it seems like many people struggled..
Original post by Wellnowhe

Always gotta be at least one troll.
Of course you're not the only one, why do people use that expression.
Original post by FutureZoologist
Yes, paper 2 was horrific. I practiced so hard for maths and thought it would be good... now it’s the one I’m most dreading. I’m hoping for a B and then if I get As in my other two subjects it’ll all be fine

I am absolutely terrified and devastated over how the exams went.. Losing out on university because of everything and on top of this already suffering from personal issues is just too much for me.
I think that I’m going to get a grade lower than I thought I would. As said before many people are in the same bought and hopefully this will be reflected in lower grade boundaries.
Original post by juicyapples
I am absolutely terrified and devastated over how the exams went.. Losing out on university because of everything and on top of this already suffering from personal issues is just too much for me.

Probably going to be some backlash on results day I'd imagine from people in the same situation (basically all Bs and B+s will think - hmm what if it wasn't skewed could I have gotten an A?!?

Quick Reply

Latest