The Student Room Group

Spanish reads

Do you know of any good spanish novels/books? Preferably a romance book.

Thank you.
Original post by luckyangel_.x

Thank you.

Hey, sorry you've not had any replies to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :biggrin:

I've moved this over to Books for you, where you should get more responses :smile:

Thank you.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez's novels should be very good, I just can't tell you how it is in the original language Spanish. But in translated language, it is good. He is a nobel price winner, give him a try!
Original post by Kallisto
Gabriel Garcia Marquez's novels should be very good, I just can't tell you how it is in the original language Spanish. But in translated language, it is good. He is a nobel price winner, give him a try!

Ooo okay. Are they romantic novels ?
Ooo okay. Are they romantic novels ?

If you are looking for that genre, try Love in the Time of Cholera (El amor en los tiempos del cólera). After what I know about this novel, it can be considered as Romance.
Original post by Onde
Hopscotch by Julio Cortázar is good although it probably doesn't qualify as a romance book.

Maybe you could consider reading Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer's poetry collection Rimas.

Okay thank you! By the way, what genre is ‘Hopscotch’ by Julio Cortázar?
Original post by Onde
"experimental", if anything. I would say it was just general fiction, but it would be more about a failed relationship rather than being a "romance". :tongue: maybe that is an adequate answer?

Haha okay that sounds good! I’ll give it a try

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending