The Student Room Group

Wider reading for Spanish A-level

I'm starting Spanish A-level this year (Edexcel). Does anyone have any suggestions for wider reading, e.g. Spanish books or poetry, that wouldn't be too difficult to start with?
Also any podcasts/TV shows that aren't too difficult to understand and are easy to pick up new vocab from?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by rightnow93
I'm starting Spanish A-level this year (Edexcel). Does anyone have any suggestions for wider reading, e.g. Spanish books or poetry, that wouldn't be too difficult to start with?
Also any podcasts/TV shows that aren't too difficult to understand and are easy to pick up new vocab from?

I'm not sure about any specific examples, but I have heard that money heist is good, though I'm not sure how easy it is to understand.
I just finished spanish a-level and I did it with AQA so I'm presuming the ciriculum is fairly similar, but you could find the texts and films that you may study and watch/read some of them.

These texts/films were designed for a level students to be able to understand so it might be helpful to read some of them? Also, if you havent started already, you could find out what film/text you're studying and get a headstart on it.

I read La casa de bernarda alba by Lorca which was interesting and he has lots of other books too. If you end up studying him you could read his other books? I also studied Guillermo del Toro and if you like his creepy style there is some of his films of netflix, though check they're in spanish first.
Hope that helps somewhat! 👍
Reply 2
Original post by brodster.rums
I'm not sure about any specific examples, but I have heard that money heist is good, though I'm not sure how easy it is to understand.
I just finished spanish a-level and I did it with AQA so I'm presuming the ciriculum is fairly similar, but you could find the texts and films that you may study and watch/read some of them.

These texts/films were designed for a level students to be able to understand so it might be helpful to read some of them? Also, if you havent started already, you could find out what film/text you're studying and get a headstart on it.

I read La casa de bernarda alba by Lorca which was interesting and he has lots of other books too. If you end up studying him you could read his other books? I also studied Guillermo del Toro and if you like his creepy style there is some of his films of netflix, though check they're in spanish first.
Hope that helps somewhat! 👍

Thank you, yes it does.

My set text is also La Casa de Bernarda Alba by Lorca, so I think I might try read some of his other stuff and poetry.
And my film is Volver by Pedro Almodovar so I was wondering if you had any suggestions for films in his style etc :smile:
Original post by rightnow93
Thank you, yes it does.

My set text is also La Casa de Bernarda Alba by Lorca, so I think I might try read some of his other stuff and poetry.
And my film is Volver by Pedro Almodovar so I was wondering if you had any suggestions for films in his style etc :smile:

Sounds good for the reading! If that film has got themes of ghosts and stuff, you could watch El Orfanato. It's by Guillermo del Toro again, but it deals with horror, mystery and ghosts etc. It's also just a good film to watch for entertainment :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending