The Student Room Group

How do I revise for a spanish listening and reading exam?

I have my spanish listening and reading gcse mock in a couple of weeks, I dont understand spanish at alllllllll, I don't know why i took it... What would be the best way to revise?
Reply 1
Hi, I found revising for Spanish listening and reading hard too!
I went through the textbook and looked at one page of vocab at a time- so one day I would have a look at the vocab for schools, and then for daily routine etc. Just try to remember the key vocab for these topics and you'll start to understand much more before you know it! :smile:
Spanish is fun. :cool:

Anyway, my advice is to make sure you learn all the possible vocab that may come up, as well as the vocab that you may not be as confident with. I do WJEC Spanish and French, and they provide a list of vocab you should know and that could appear in your exams. I suppose other boards would do that as well. It's basically just a list of useful words, and some of them you may not have come across before. If you're wanting A's and A*'s it's good to revise all that. Otherwise, look in your textbook and make sure you understand everything. Maybe do some practise exercises that's in it? A lot are taken from past exams, or are similar to what you can expect.

Past papers are great as well :smile:
Reply 3
The thing I found hard most was listening and this was because the person on the tape always spoke way too fast!

I found listening to the spanish radio very useful, despite only being able to understand a few words, the difference in pace made the actual listening exam so much easier.

Also, I would advise you not to do any of the practice papers now as it is far too early and you will run out. However, nearer the actual exam, do all the listening papers, and with practice I think that it will really help!
Reply 4
For reading I would recommend that you get a Vocabulary book for the GCSE specification. If you learn the vocab then when reading understanding a few words in a sentence would help you figure out what it is about
Reply 5
For listening and reading, do as many practice papers as you can. Obviously you need to make sure you brush up on vocabulary covered, but more often than not both will include words that you have never heard of before. Tackling practice papers develops linguistic skills which will be a useful tool to grapple with this.

(For the record, I got A*s in Spanish and French at GCSE by doing this revision method for my listening and reading papers).
Original post by T_x
For listening and reading, do as many practice papers as you can. Obviously you need to make sure you brush up on vocabulary covered, but more often than not both will include words that you have never heard of before. Tackling practice papers develops linguistic skills which will be a useful tool to grapple with this.

(For the record, I got A*s in Spanish and French at GCSE by doing this revision method for my listening and reading papers).

I'll definitely need to give this a go for my reading exams, I am embarrassingly on a 5- rn as I keep getting Us in my reading exams, which is bringing down my A/A* s in listening and writing. I know this tip was not directed at me put thank you for sharing this to GCSE students in need :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending