The Student Room Group

GCSE revision timetable

I’m going into year 11 in September so have been thinking about when and how to be revising for GCSEs. For year 10 mocks my timetable was pretty much revising 1 or 2 subjects for a whole day then a different one the next - results were fairly respectable but revision didn’t seem hugely productive. Can anyone share what their revision time table looks/looked like for revising GCSEs and whether it seemed to work? - in need of some inspiration! Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Do your revision in half an hour chunks and for each chunk revise 2 subjects one you like and one you favour as much revise each for 15 mins
Original post by hweller
I’m going into year 11 in September so have been thinking about when and how to be revising for GCSEs. For year 10 mocks my timetable was pretty much revising 1 or 2 subjects for a whole day then a different one the next - results were fairly respectable but revision didn’t seem hugely productive. Can anyone share what their revision time table looks/looked like for revising GCSEs and whether it seemed to work? - in need of some inspiration! Thanks :smile:

There's 2 ways I can recommend.

One is to pick the topics you need to cover and allocate a time to them e.g. simultaneous equations 1hr 30. Spend that time on those and then move on. Then you can mix and match the subjects you're covering and the duration you spend (30 minutes maths followed by 1 hour of English etc) and you know exactly what you need to be covering in that time.

Alternatively, you can just time block your calendar/diary/planner with 30-45 minute sessions and before you start each one, decide what you want to cover. This is better if you need to develop a routine in terms of consistent study durations, but it can feel repetitive. I'd recommend taking a 5-10 minute break between each session and after 2 or 3 sessions, take a longer break of 30-60 minutes.

Hope this helps (I love making plans and schedules so by all means feel free to bounce ideas off me if you wish :smile:)

TSR's Study Planner is also a great tool!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending