The Student Room Group

A level revision

How do you guys find time to make notes for the subjects your currently doing, learning old notes and doing homework. Starting year 12 doing chemistry, biology and English literature with AS Maths and really stressed about this. Should revision techniques that worked for these subjects at gcse work for a level
Hey I’m starting yr 12 as well and just wanna see wat ppl say 😌
I’m doing completely different subjects than yours although one is kinda sciency
Psychology, Business , Spanish
Hope ur GCSE results went well! I got decent grades... (was expected from me but not from my mum or sis but they r still happy.... I got a fckin 4 in Eng Lang and I wanna retake to get higher! Maybe 7??? Ohh I hate English)
Original post by cbutler100
How do you guys find time to make notes for the subjects your currently doing, learning old notes and doing homework. Starting year 12 doing chemistry, biology and English literature with AS Maths and really stressed about this. Should revision techniques that worked for these subjects at gcse work for a level

You're in year 12 so you have time to experiment with new revision techniques that might work for you, everyone is different so there is no standard technique you should use. I do suggest however not to rewrite notes as that is a waste of time. What worked for me best was doing lots of past papers (a LOT if you want top grades) and even more importantly, stay on top of your work, do NOT lag behind or be lazy; make sure you keep up with your class. I did A level physics and at the start I was really good, so I got overconfident and I didn't bother to prepare for tests more than 2 days in advance, and I went from getting A*s and As in tests to Ds and Cs (managed to fix that in time luckily). As for time management, in year 12 1-1.5 hours a day is enough to boost your grades considerably if you're working effectively, and as exams approach you'll have to do closer to 3 hours a day. Start your hardcore revision at the very least 2 months before your exams.
Reply 3
Original post by fatdogmendoza
You're in year 12 so you have time to experiment with new revision techniques that might work for you, everyone is different so there is no standard technique you should use. I do suggest however not to rewrite notes as that is a waste of time. What worked for me best was doing lots of past papers (a LOT if you want top grades) and even more importantly, stay on top of your work, do NOT lag behind or be lazy; make sure you keep up with your class. I did A level physics and at the start I was really good, so I got overconfident and I didn't bother to prepare for tests more than 2 days in advance, and I went from getting A*s and As in tests to Ds and Cs (managed to fix that in time luckily). As for time management, in year 12 1-1.5 hours a day is enough to boost your grades considerably if you're working effectively, and as exams approach you'll have to do closer to 3 hours a day. Start your hardcore revision at the very least 2 months before your exams.

At Gcse I made new notes entirely for science, should I use my class notes then just add any extra details from the revision guide/textbook
Original post by fatdogmendoza

Thanks for the advice
I’m just reading it....
I’m thinking once I start everyday after skl or in my frees after each lesson , from the textbook or the class notes that I have, I can make flashcards of it
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest