The Student Room Group

A levels and gcse

I basically got a grade 4 in maths and a grade 4-4 in combined science and 5 in English literature and a 4/D in English language and I want to do health and social care in college but I want to re take my maths science and English language in November will I have to do 3 years in college or 2 years
have you got the requierments for health and social care. Also health and social care is only up to two a levels, so you will need another ngl. It probably will take you three years considering you'll be retaking 3/4 gcses
Original post by User1221
I basically got a grade 4 in maths and a grade 4-4 in combined science and 5 in English literature and a 4/D in English language and I want to do health and social care in college but I want to re take my maths science and English language in November will I have to do 3 years in college or 2 years

Hello, a 4 is a pass (grade C) so you don't have to resit your GCSEs. The health and social course usually requires a grade 4 in English language and maths. However, you can resit maths and English alongside your health care course - if you wanted to. So in total it would only be two years at sixth form / college. Lastly, I don't think you're able to resit combined science as it's not a mandatory to pass. (But you have passed!) Have a look at your specific entry requirements for your course.

You're welcome to message me if you need any support, good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest