The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths to A level Maths qrestion

I do currently GCSE Maths but have not finished the whole sysabth. I will have GCSE to A-Level transition classes at 1 hour a week for the next 2 school years. Is it better I finish the GCSE sysabeth first before sating A-Levels.
Original post by HappyApple2407
I do currently GCSE Maths but have not finished the whole sysabth. I will have GCSE to A-Level transition classes at 1 hour a week for the next 2 school years. Is it better I finish the GCSE sysabeth first before sating A-Levels.

syllabus*

Whilst you can do A Level Maths without GCSE Maths since a good proportion of the material does not directly follow from GCSE, it's still recommended that you finish the GCSE syllabus before attempting A Level.
The skills you pick up from GCSE will be directly application to the A Level, albeit harder.

Completing the GCSE should not take particularly long. The A Level will take significantly more time.
In general, best to finish the GCSE syllabus, it is the easier part and you need to build skills layer by layer, from easy to hard. That said, depending on which part of the GCSE syllabus is unfinished, you might be able to start some A level topics straightaway.
Original post by HappyApple2407

Quick Reply

Latest