The Student Room Group

gcse science revision

if anyone has any revision tips for gcse (triple) science to help me attain a 7/8/9 that would be really helpful. i’m sure that combined revision methods are also relevant
any websites or exam techniques?
i already have cgp revision guides + workbooks for each science
i also have seneca learning
and i use physics and maths tutor
if u have ANY tips they would be so so much appreciated
from a struggling gcse student with a username of an air freshener
100% YouTube videos. Go through topics on the spec and identify the ones that scare you or that you know nothing about and get on the YouTube until you understand them! After that YouTube videos for the night before exams by primrose kitten are excellent. Make sure they’re your exam board!
FREESCIENCELESSONS! Shaun saved my grades..I owe him
Reply 3
Original post by XHannahR
FREESCIENCELESSONS! Shaun saved my grades..I owe him

shaun used to teach at my mates school 😂😂
Reply 4
freesciencelessons and just reading through revision guides is what i did it got me good grades. I wouldnt waste time copying notes and to be honest flashcards didnt even help me but that may just be me
Reply 5
Original post by Elsmok
freesciencelessons and just reading through revision guides is what i did it got me good grades. I wouldnt waste time copying notes and to be honest flashcards didnt even help me but that may just be me

so do you read through the revision guides to understand the topic or do you watch freesciencelessons to grasp the idea before reinforcing it with the detail a textbook provides?
Reply 6
i read the revision guide to fully understand the topic (almost word for word for the important parts) and i watched freescienelessons when its something i already sort of know and also when i feel a bit more lazy as the first method required a lot more concentration.

EDIT: if its a topic you have never touched upon before its probably best to watch a video on it first
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Elsmok
i read the revision guide to fully understand the topic (almost word for word for the important parts) and i watched freescienelessons when its something i already sort of know and also when i feel a bit more lazy as the first method required a lot more concentration.

EDIT: if its a topic you have never touched upon before its probably best to watch a video on it first

ok thank you
Original post by febreze
shaun used to teach at my mates school 😂😂

Omg I’d love to meet him!! Man they’re lucky!!

Quick Reply

Latest