The Student Room Group

student book recommendation for Year 9

Hi there,

Would welcome suggestions for Science student books for Year 9. Notes given at school aren't that great from past experience. So hoping a student book would help especially in Science and Geography.
Original post by cgonzi
Hi there,

Would welcome suggestions for Science student books for Year 9. Notes given at school aren't that great from past experience. So hoping a student book would help especially in Science and Geography.

For GCSE's, I would recommend the CGP revision guides/revision & practice workbooks for most subjects but if your exam board is Edexcel I would also recommend getting the Pearson revision guides. These are the ones I found most useful. Whatever you do decide to get, check that it matches the exam board that your school is doing so that it's more specific to your course. Hope this helps !
Reply 2
Original post by Lilla_Milla
For GCSE's, I would recommend the CGP revision guides/revision & practice workbooks for most subjects but if your exam board is Edexcel I would also recommend getting the Pearson revision guides. These are the ones I found most useful. Whatever you do decide to get, check that it matches the exam board that your school is doing so that it's more specific to your course. Hope this helps !

Thanks very much. I've got the CGP ones. My school uses AQA for the sciences and Edexcel for Maths. Just wondering at Y9 if it's worth buying those books now or is there a student book out there specific for Y9. Thanks once again.
Original post by cgonzi
Thanks very much. I've got the CGP ones. My school uses AQA for the sciences and Edexcel for Maths. Just wondering at Y9 if it's worth buying those books now or is there a student book out there specific for Y9. Thanks once again.

Have you started GCSE content yet? I think it's worth buying those books in preparation for when you start GCSE content. I don't think there are any books that are specific to yr9 content since every school teaches different things in the years before they start teaching you proper GCSE content but I may be wrong. At least my school just told me to get GCSE content books instead and copies of any texts that I'll be studying.

Quick Reply

Latest