The Student Room Group

Upcoming Graduation Ceremony and my Ex

My ex and I are coming up to our graduation ceremony, we split up last year but have remained together throughout our third year in regards to meeting up and coffee etc and working together although it has been hard and strained especially as we tried to reconnect as boyfriends a couple of times.

Since the end of the semester we have fractured even more, especially since hes now in a "rebound" relationship which he has been in since March but no longer having classes or late nights to work on hes basically gone home or over his rebounds house.

Anyway, I just have alot of anxiety for Graduation. I just think about the bad things hes done to me, how hes treated me the things I have found out about him while I was with him. I guess I dont know how to behave with him, I wish he wasnt going to graduation to be honest as because he spent so much time chasing men first semester he had a whole series of repeats this summer which he passed.

I think whats bad is that I have NEVER met his mum in person yet back in January we planned to head to his hometown and meet her and I was going to stay, yet this rebound was over his meeting his mum in the space of 2 weeks.

I just dont see being nice to him on this day and I dont want to play "happy families", I can vision now him trying to introduce me to his rebound "boyfriend" who I couldnt care less about and introduce me then his mum and wider family who I should have met 3 years ago by rights.

How much I would love to have formal grad pix with him, I think I am at the end of my tether with him as hes basically wanting his cake and eat it.

Until recently I wanted to attempt a reconnect but I am just getting to the point where I dread his messages, dread any contact with him now. I just feel so worn out with him.

I guess if anybody has any experience of similar some advice would be appreciated.
Original post by Anonymous
My ex and I are coming up to our graduation ceremony, we split up last year but have remained together throughout our third year in regards to meeting up and coffee etc and working together although it has been hard and strained especially as we tried to reconnect as boyfriends a couple of times.

Since the end of the semester we have fractured even more, especially since hes now in a "rebound" relationship which he has been in since March but no longer having classes or late nights to work on hes basically gone home or over his rebounds house.

Anyway, I just have alot of anxiety for Graduation. I just think about the bad things hes done to me, how hes treated me the things I have found out about him while I was with him. I guess I dont know how to behave with him, I wish he wasnt going to graduation to be honest as because he spent so much time chasing men first semester he had a whole series of repeats this summer which he passed.

I think whats bad is that I have NEVER met his mum in person yet back in January we planned to head to his hometown and meet her and I was going to stay, yet this rebound was over his meeting his mum in the space of 2 weeks.

I just dont see being nice to him on this day and I dont want to play "happy families", I can vision now him trying to introduce me to his rebound "boyfriend" who I couldnt care less about and introduce me then his mum and wider family who I should have met 3 years ago by rights.

How much I would love to have formal grad pix with him, I think I am at the end of my tether with him as hes basically wanting his cake and eat it.

Until recently I wanted to attempt a reconnect but I am just getting to the point where I dread his messages, dread any contact with him now. I just feel so worn out with him.

I guess if anybody has any experience of similar some advice would be appreciated.

Graduation is really for your parents.
You will be with them most of the day? If this is UK uni then how do you know you will be graduating with him? Same course?
You talk on the one hand how badly he treated you and on the other how much you want a grad pic with him?
In most worlds if someone treats you as poorly as you suggest then you would have nothing to do with them and move on.
You dont appear to have moved on and you have gone for the worst strategy which is to remain friends and pretend everything is ok.
You also appear to want to get back with him.

Imo focus on the day and having a good time with your parents.
You might not even see him.
If you want a photo with an ex then go for it take the photo and then move on.
You should really cut contact imo and find someone else instead of looking backwards longing for someone who treated you poorly.
Decide what you want on the day then go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending