The Student Room Group

Can I start a graduate job despite not having the ceremony before I start?

So, I have exams in May and then I'll also have some in late July/early August (due to mitigating circumstances). The earliest possible date for me to graduate will be in Jan 2025 and the start date of the job is in late August after all my exams have been completed. I should have the results by the start date. Would I be able to still start in August?
Original post by SM7592
So, I have exams in May and then I'll also have some in late July/early August (due to mitigating circumstances). The earliest possible date for me to graduate will be in Jan 2025 and the start date of the job is in late August after all my exams have been completed. I should have the results by the start date. Would I be able to still start in August?

Your able to start applying for graduate jobs 6 months before even graduating
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80
Your able to start applying for graduate jobs 6 months before even graduating

I know, I've applied and I got an offer for a start in August. I'll finish and get my results before the start date but I won't have my ceremony until January 2025.
Reply 3
Original post by SM7592
I know, I've applied and I got an offer for a start in August. I'll finish and get my results before the start date but I won't have my ceremony until January 2025.

I suggest you look at this logically. During Covid most graduation ceremonies were delayed for several years. Do you honestly think this affected graduates getting jobs. The ceremony has no bearing on anything.
Reply 4
Original post by nutz99

I suggest you look at this logically. During Covid most graduation ceremonies were delayed for several years. Do you honestly think this affected graduates getting jobs. The ceremony has no bearing on anything.

Ok thanks. Main concern is getting the confirmation of my degree classification to the employer before the start date. I don't think I'll get the results and confirmation of classification before the start date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending