The Student Room Group

How can i get A* for gcse?

Hi guys i just started year 10 about a week ago and i've started to revise everyday but what is the MOST effective way to revise and what did u do in order to pass your gcses?
Reply 1
Stay focused and don't let yourself get distracted. Others may go on and on about how much studying they do - ignore it. Find a routine that is productive and works well for you, then stick to it. What's important is to prioritise. Sometimes finishing your work or studying is more important than going out with friends, but not always. Find a balance between school and social life or extracurriculars. Always remember to stay relaxed... Nothing is the end of the world, life goes on and everybody makes mistakes... It's how we learn.
I would say don't burn yourself out by revising every single day! save your energy for yr 11 where you can do hardcore revision, but maybe start making revision materials and understand the basics maybe at the end of every week ,in terms of revision techniques there are so many including flashcards, active recall, mindmaps, I would have to deffo recommend doing past papers online. hope this helps xxx
Reply 3
Original post by chr0810
Stay focused and don't let yourself get distracted. Others may go on and on about how much studying they do - ignore it. Find a routine that is productive and works well for you, then stick to it. What's important is to prioritise. Sometimes finishing your work or studying is more important than going out with friends, but not always. Find a balance between school and social life or extracurriculars. Always remember to stay relaxed... Nothing is the end of the world, life goes on and everybody makes mistakes... It's how we learn.

Thank u that is really helpful x
Reply 4
Original post by advicebuddy101
I would say don't burn yourself out by revising every single day! save your energy for yr 11 where you can do hardcore revision, but maybe start making revision materials and understand the basics maybe at the end of every week ,in terms of revision techniques there are so many including flashcards, active recall, mindmaps, I would have to deffo recommend doing past papers online. hope this helps xxx

Okay thank u i will keep that in mind x

Quick Reply

Latest