Do Gateway courses take the UCAT into much consideration? Watch

ineedhelpaah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm looking to apply for Dentistry but for the Gateway to Dentistry course at Bristol and the Enhanced Dentistry Programme at Kings College, I was just wondering if they accept like a lower band score for these courses because they're aimed for those with lower academic criteria. There is not much detail about the ucat on their website sooooo just wondering if anyone knows? thank youuuu
Arathudi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They dont have a cut off point for gateway and I doubt the ucat will be high, if you've scored about average I think you'll be fine!
yuppthatsme
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm also looking into applying into a gateway dentistry course but I ended up scoring a 585 average with band 2 for sjt for my ucat. Is this too low for the gateway course?
Thanksss
(Original post by Arathudi)
They dont have a cut off point for gateway and I doubt the ucat will be high, if you've scored about average I think you'll be fine!
Arathudi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yuppthatsme)
Hi, I'm also looking into applying into a gateway dentistry course but I ended up scoring a 585 average with band 2 for sjt for my ucat. Is this too low for the gateway course?
Thanksss
im not sure if that's good enough however I want to apply to kcl gateway dentistry and I have similar ucat score hopefully its good enough!
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
For Bristol, you need to look at the 'Admissions Statement' - there is a link at the very bottom of the course page on the website.

As Gateway courses are 'widening participation' courses and have very specific entry criteria, far fewer people are eligible to apply than for the 5 year courses. This means that, if you are eligible, the UCAT cut-off will be lower, and you will have a much higher chance of an interview. Apply.
yuppthatsme
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
For Bristol, you need to look at the 'Admissions Statement' - there is a link at the very bottom of the course page on the website.

As Gateway courses are 'widening participation' courses and have very specific entry criteria, far fewer people are eligible to apply than for the 5 year courses. This means that, if you are eligible, the UCAT cut-off will be lower, and you will have a much higher chance of an interview. Apply.
Thanks for your reply
I am thinking of applying to the Bristol Gateway course for dentistry as I am eligible to apply, but I'm just kind of demotivated because the admissions statement say that they rank students from their UCAT score and I feel like my score isn't good enough :-///
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks for your reply
I am thinking of applying to the Bristol Gateway course for dentistry as I am eligible to apply, but I'm just kind of demotivated because the admissions statement say that they rank students from their UCAT score and I feel like my score isn't good enough :-///
Apply.
yuppthatsme
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Arathudi)
im not sure if that's good enough however I want to apply to kcl gateway dentistry and I have similar ucat score hopefully its good enough!
Sadly I'm not eligible for the kcl gateway course because I didn't do my GCSEs in a school in Greater London, but I wish you the best of luck for your application Good luck!
Arathudi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sadly I'm not eligible for the kcl gateway course because I didn't do my GCSEs in a school in Greater London, but I wish you the best of luck for your application Good luck!
thankyou good luck aswell for your future!
Sudanidoll
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I got 2220 overall . It’s so bad I know (due to personal issues, had a week to prepare) my predictions are AAA but my maths gcse is bad I got a 5 , everything else was 7. I can’t get into Bristol as my predictions are too high. What are my chances ? Please, any help I’m loosing my sanity.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Then its pointless applying for the Gateway course as its for widening participation only - max grade predictions ABB.

You'll get an automatic rejection.
Sudanidoll
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Then its pointless applying for the Gateway course as its for widening participation only - max grade predictions ABB.

You'll get an automatic rejection.
Widening participation can be based on your location, and state school too. Bristol is an automatic rejection I know that, but what about Dundee gateway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads