The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They dont have a cut off point for gateway and I doubt the ucat will be high, if you've scored about average I think you'll be fine!
Hi, I'm also looking into applying into a gateway dentistry course but I ended up scoring a 585 average with band 2 for sjt for my ucat. Is this too low for the gateway course?
Thanksss :smile:
Original post by Arathudi
They dont have a cut off point for gateway and I doubt the ucat will be high, if you've scored about average I think you'll be fine!
Reply 3
Original post by yuppthatsme
Hi, I'm also looking into applying into a gateway dentistry course but I ended up scoring a 585 average with band 2 for sjt for my ucat. Is this too low for the gateway course?
Thanksss :smile:

im not sure if that's good enough however I want to apply to kcl gateway dentistry and I have similar ucat score hopefully its good enough! :s-smilie:
For Bristol, you need to look at the 'Admissions Statement' - there is a link at the very bottom of the course page on the website.

As Gateway courses are 'widening participation' courses and have very specific entry criteria, far fewer people are eligible to apply than for the 5 year courses. This means that, if you are eligible, the UCAT cut-off will be lower, and you will have a much higher chance of an interview. Apply.
Original post by returnmigrant
For Bristol, you need to look at the 'Admissions Statement' - there is a link at the very bottom of the course page on the website.

As Gateway courses are 'widening participation' courses and have very specific entry criteria, far fewer people are eligible to apply than for the 5 year courses. This means that, if you are eligible, the UCAT cut-off will be lower, and you will have a much higher chance of an interview. Apply.

Thanks for your reply :biggrin:
I am thinking of applying to the Bristol Gateway course for dentistry as I am eligible to apply, but I'm just kind of demotivated because the admissions statement say that they rank students from their UCAT score and I feel like my score isn't good enough :-///
Thanks for your reply :biggrin:
I am thinking of applying to the Bristol Gateway course for dentistry as I am eligible to apply, but I'm just kind of demotivated because the admissions statement say that they rank students from their UCAT score and I feel like my score isn't good enough :-///

Apply.
im not sure if that's good enough however I want to apply to kcl gateway dentistry and I have similar ucat score hopefully its good enough! :s-smilie:

Sadly I'm not eligible for the kcl gateway course because I didn't do my GCSEs in a school in Greater London, but I wish you the best of luck for your application :smile: Good luck!
Reply 8
Sadly I'm not eligible for the kcl gateway course because I didn't do my GCSEs in a school in Greater London, but I wish you the best of luck for your application :smile: Good luck!

thankyou good luck aswell for your future!:smile:

I got 2220 overall . It’s so bad I know (due to personal issues, had a week to prepare) my predictions are AAA but my maths gcse is bad I got a 5 , everything else was 7. I can’t get into Bristol as my predictions are too high. What are my chances ? Please, any help I’m loosing my sanity.
Then its pointless applying for the Gateway course as its for widening participation only - max grade predictions ABB.

You'll get an automatic rejection.
Then its pointless applying for the Gateway course as its for widening participation only - max grade predictions ABB.

You'll get an automatic rejection.

Widening participation can be based on your location, and state school too. Bristol is an automatic rejection I know that, but what about Dundee gateway.
Does anyone know how many interviews Bristol gives out for the gateway to dentistry course? :smile:)
Does anyone know how many interviews Bristol gives out for the gateway to dentistry course? :smile:)

no sorry,has anyone received an offer yet!
no sorry,has anyone received an offer yet!

Has anyone even had an Interview invitation .....?
Nah I haven't, but I was just wondering how many interview offers are given out in general because I heard there is only 5 places for the gateway course :-//
Nah I haven't, but I was just wondering how many interview offers are given out in general because I heard there is only 5 places for the gateway course :-//

But that doesnt mean they make only 5 offers. They usually interview about 35 for Dentistry and make offers to at least half of those. Many people who apply for Gateway courses are not eligible or they have the 'wrong' grades, so if you do meet the criteria your chances of an interview are actually quite high.
i plan on applying for enhanced support dentistry at kings college. i have AAB for A level, and 977776666 for GCSE'S. i plan on doing dentistry experience for my application, but will i have a chance of getting an offer/interview with a low ucat score?.

Latest