The Student Room Group

Crown Prosecution Legal Trainee Scheme 2020 spring

Good Luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone been brave enough to take the video interview yet? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Nope, is this your first time applying or did you do it last year?
Original post by LollyLOU
Nope, is this your first time applying or did you do it last year?

Third time applying but first time I've got this far (I had a couple of fiascos with the online tests in previous years but seem to be over that now).

I'll be taking the video interview this weekend. I don't feel too bad about it in terms what I'm planning to say, but it is disconcerting that my future career could be decided on an answer I give in 90 seconds........:s-smilie::frown:
Reply 4
I worry over what the questions are going to be as 5 mins is not that long to prep for unseen questions. There was only 2 last time, this time there are 3..
Original post by Havana3am
Third time applying but first time I've got this far (I had a couple of fiascos with the online tests in previous years but seem to be over that now).

I'll be taking the video interview this weekend. I don't feel too bad about it in terms what I'm planning to say, but it is disconcerting that my future career could be decided on an answer I give in 90 seconds........:s-smilie::frown:

I’m going to attempt to tackle it this weekend too.

I have an idea of what two of the questions may be, but not sure about this third one...
Reply 6
Has anyone done the video interview yet? I'm feeling really nervous about it.
Original post by Shespock
Has anyone done the video interview yet? I'm feeling really nervous about it.

I sat it earlier today. I found it difficult in that the questions weren't quite in line with the answers I'd prepared. As someone else alluded to, 5 minutes isn't all that long to prepare a quality answer to an unseen question. For one of the questions I ended having to merge the best parts of two of my prepared answers, which was fine to a point but gave me issues with timing. I did speak clearly and confidently, so at least that should go in my favour.

It's the first time I've sat the video interview, so I found the experience positive if for nothing else as a practice before I re-apply next year. I would have really benefited from a proper practice test with questions more aligned to the ones on the test as opposed to "tell us about your favourite film", which to be fair could only really prepare you to talk to friends down the pub!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
I sat it earlier today. I found it difficult in that the questions weren't quite in line with the answers I'd prepared. As someone else alluded to, 5 minutes isn't all that long to prepare a quality answer to an unseen question. For one of the questions I ended having to merge the best parts of two of my prepared answers, which was fine to a point but gave me issues with timing. I did speak clearly and confidently, so at least that should go in my favour.

It's the first time I've sat the video interview, so I found the experience positive if for nothing else as a practice before I re-apply next year. I would have really benefited from a proper practice test with questions more aligned to the ones on the test as opposed to "tell us about your favourite film", which to be fair could only really prepare you to talk to friends down the pub!

Thank you for that insight! I took the practice test just now and I agree, the questions posed there aren't exactly useful for practicing answering questions for the real thing. I'm assuming its motivation for criminal law and CPS that they are testing so hopefully I reflect that effectively in 1-2mins. Good luck with the rest of the process!
Reply 9
Original post by Shespock
Thank you for that insight! I took the practice test just now and I agree, the questions posed there aren't exactly useful for practicing answering questions for the real thing. I'm assuming its motivation for criminal law and CPS that they are testing so hopefully I reflect that effectively in 1-2mins. Good luck with the rest of the process!

Is the practise test on the link we got emailed?
Reply 10
hi just found this this feed, planning on doing the VI, this afternoon, did this last year without any prep.....so obviously didn't progress, so hopefully will do better this time? although wondering what the 3rd Q can be??
Original post by amii1.
Is the practise test on the link we got emailed?

Yes, it was on the pdf sent with the interview invite.
Reply 12
Anyone who's done the VI - is there some kind of "Thank you for completing the VI" email? Because I've done it but not had anything through?

Also did you upload your qualification certificates at the same time as your CV?
Original post by ves3925
Anyone who's done the VI - is there some kind of "Thank you for completing the VI" email? Because I've done it but not had anything through?

Also did you upload your qualification certificates at the same time as your CV?

Mine came through about half an hour after the interview.

I was only asked to upload the CV (despite having taken the trouble to scan in my degree and LPC certificates beforehand) - did I miss something?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Mine came through about half an hour after the interview.

I was only asked to upload the CV (despite having taken the trouble to scan in my degree and LPC certificates beforehand) - did I miss something?

Thanks - sheer impatience on my part, got a confirmation in my spam about an hour later.

Re the qualifications, you haven't missed anything, I was just concerned because (as you say) they told us to have proof of qualifications but I've spoken to a few others and they couldn't find anywhere to submit them either!
I was able to submit both documents, there was a drop down and once you had done 1 you could do the other.
Original post by JaneEyre2020
I was able to submit both documents, there was a drop down and once you had done 1 you could do the other.

I noticed that too, but weren’t the options limited to “CV”, “Application”, and “Covering Letter”? I only uploaded my CV.
For those who have done the VI, do you get five minutes to prepare question one, then after which, you give your answer to question one and then the cycle repeats or do you get five minutes to prepare your answer to all three questions?

I did the practice test and I noted that you had 30 seconds to prepare your answer to question 1 and then you gave your answer and the cycle was repeated. I just wanted to check that it was the same as in the real VI?

I hope all you interviews went well and good luck to you all :smile:
Hi for the VI you are shown Q1 then given 5 mins to prepare then 1.30 mins to answer, then Q2 appears and you are given 5 mins to prep and 2 mins to answer and then Q3, 5 mins to prep and 1.30 mins to answer. So basically 5 mins prep per question, hope this helps
Original post by Delphicyute
I noticed that too, but weren’t the options limited to “CV”, “Application”, and “Covering Letter”? I only uploaded my CV.

There was also an Other option if you scrolled down, unless I’m making it up but I uploaded both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending